Syria, Who's Right And Who's Wrong?

I thought strongmen dictators were supposed to keep things peaceful? Surely Assad has totally failed in that role?

Well say a big thank you to Western powers that sell arms to countries that support these rebels......

I see Iraq is paradise since Saddam was toppled...

So it's a mess with a dictator and a mess without one. OK then but that's not what you were saying a couple of posts ago?

There's a slight difference , with a dictator you know the rules whether there right or wrong its set in stone but without a dictator / ruler your living in a Wild West scenario , rebels killing anyone for anything , Iraq & Libya where ruled with an iron fist but there not now so is it better or worse for the man , women & children going about there daily lives I'm not sure , so I'd say a dictator isn't perfect but maybe its the better of 2 evils ??
  • Like 5

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

personally I think the west is arming every raving looney in the desert to overthrow Assad without getting there hands dirty, and Russia are helping an elected leader as written in most of the war law

The Middle East has thousands of years of tribal and family allegiances. Through marriage , political or military superiority. it is the way of the Society. The low levels of Education in Saudia one

The middle east is a bloody complicated place. Yes, to the outsider, the people are basic and simple but, they operate on a system of morals and honour that has become alien to us now.   Of course

Is it not that it's a big mess because once again the west has poked it's big f***ing nose in to remove a countries leader they have no business removing and innocents are paying the price.

People Like Saddam, Gadaffi and Assad used to put any unrest to bed pretty quickly, yes people died and that's bad but they were not wiping out hospitals and schools and family funerals every day of the week.

Watch some if the kids in Syria, I dare anyone to keep a dry eye........anything is better than what those poor little mites are going through every day.

• Like 5

I thought strongmen dictators were supposed to keep things peaceful? Surely Assad has totally failed in that role?

Well say a big thank you to Western powers that sell arms to countries that support these rebels......

So it's a mess with a dictator and a mess without one. OK then but that's not what you were saying a couple of posts ago?
There's a slight difference , with a dictator you know the rules whether there right or wrong its set in stone but without a dictator / ruler your living in a Wild West scenario , rebels killing anyone for anything , Iraq & Libya where ruled with an iron fist but there not now so is it better or worse for the man , women & children going about there daily lives I'm not sure , so I'd say a dictator isn't perfect but maybe its the better of 2 evils ??

ISIS seem to do a pretty good job of keeping the population in line and enforcing their rules with an iron fist, why don't we just let them have their caliphate if that's all that matters?

The middle east is a bloody complicated place. Yes, to the outsider, the people are basic and simple but, they operate on a system of morals and honour that has become alien to us now.

Of course you'll find scumbags wherever you go but, read up on the real genuine desert bedouine people. They're an interesting lot to say the least.

Personally, I think the whole area would be either best left well alone or, invaded properly and divided up among developed nations so that the indigenous populations can be helped, developed and protected properly.

It's all of the halfhearted bullshit that's caused the problems.

• Like 5

The middle east is a bloody complicated place. Yes, to the outsider, the people are basic and simple but, they operate on a system of morals and honour that has become alien to us now.

Of course you'll find scumbags wherever you go but, read up on the real genuine desert bedouine people. They're an interesting lot to say the least.

Personally, I think the whole area would be either best left well alone or, invaded properly and divided up among developed nations so that the indigenous populations can be helped, developed and protected properly.

there was a programme on yrs ago with the bedouine people's hunting with the Salukis taking fox n hare. Was a very interesting watch, what a great place the Middle East could be if ever sorted out.

It's more of a mess without a dictator especially to us is it not? What's your solution then Winston?
We haven't seen Syria without a dictator so it's hard to say whether it would be more or less of a mess. It's a pretty fecking big mess with one though that we can all agree on.

Never said I had the solution, I'm just asking questions ;)

Just look at Libya since the overturning of Gaddafi, a real success story that case.....

We are not in it for the good of humanity, we are involved for the £££££££. You're right, either leave the place the fcuk alone or just be honest with our and their people and say "We, along with the Russians are owning your asses and what????"

I'd say Syria with a dictator is in a worse state than Libya without one, wouldn't you? The body count is certainly higher.

No because it's still being run by a dictator.... the USA...... they want the world to bow to their power....

So the USA is better at keeping a lid on things than Assad. Shall we hand Syria over to them then?

ISIS seem to do a pretty good job of keeping the population in line and enforcing their rules with an iron fist, why don't we just let them have their caliphate if that's all that matters?

But it's not all that matters to them , they'll take 1 place then decide to take the next ect ect , a dictator concentrates on his own country , Isis are behind the bombings / shootings / moving down innocents in France , I doubt Assad , Gadaffi or Saddam would of even dreamed about that .

But it's not all that matters to them , they'll take 1 place then decide to take the next ect ect , a dictator concentrates on his own country , Isis are behind the bombings / shootings / moving down innocents in France , I doubt Assad , Gadaffi or Saddam would of even dreamed about that .

Gadaffi wouldn't dream of funding terrorist attacks in Western countries. Really?

I'd say Syria with a dictator is in a worse state than Libya without one, wouldn't you? The body count is certainly higher.

No because it's still being run by a dictator.... the USA...... they want the world to bow to their power....
So the USA is better at keeping a lid on things than Assad. Shall we hand Syria over to them then?

No we should strengthen Assad and let him deal with ISIL, a win win for us don't you agree? Or do you think our western powers should keep selling billions of pounds of weaponry to help kill these poor civilians out there??!

No we should strengthen Assad and let him deal with ISIL, a win win for us don't you agree? Or do you think our western powers should keep selling billions of pounds of weaponry to help kill these poor civilians out there??!

I thought it was Western powers getting involved that caused all the problems? If Assad can't fulfill his role as strongman dictator without being propped up by Russia and the West he's not very good at his job is he? Why not let someone else have a crack at it?

I thought it was Western powers getting involved that caused all the problems? If Assad can't fulfill his role as strongman dictator without being propped up by Russia and the West he's not very good at his job is he? Why not let someone else have a crack at it?
I think you have difficulty reading, note the sentences "the lesser of two evils and "relative peace." Our meddling as made the situation a lot worse for us and for them.

Why not let someone else have a crack at it? Who the fcuk are we to say who should or should not rule Syria?

When our people are at risk or terrorist attacks you do your best to wipe out the terrorists, the Syrian government are not the ones bombing the fcuk out of Europe and driving lorries into innocent civilians.

Edited by DogFox123