Good Hares

had a few runs last night with a few different people few things got ran some cracking catches. Tho I got thinking about hares why is it you can go somewhere with a couple of good hare killing dogs kill a few in one field yet go 2 minutes down the road and there in a class of there own not one or 2 but every one you slip on is hard one and drags your dog all over ? anyone got any ideas from experience ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You will get people telling all hares are easy at night on here. I beg to differ. Never seen an easy one as they get run often.

Lamping hares pet hate of mine!!!

In my opinion a lamped hare is easier then a daytime run, seem abit clumsy on the lamp although I have seen some good hares on the lamp ?

Posted Images

You will get people telling all hares are easy at night on here. I beg to differ. Never seen an easy one as they get run often.

Same here they all get run a lot still the odd duffer but if they make Christmas they know the game. But I'm talking of real real good hares that just won't die no matter how good the dog is ??

I know what you mean lads every man in the country probably has a few decent hares around him but I'm talking of a different level I think it's more luck and determination that kills these. I've heard coursing lads talk of mr right not them that die in a minute or 2 them that just don't die and give the best of dogs A hard time. Me mate who does a few hares reckons his best daytime run he's ever had on the same place. It's no coincidence for some reason there toppers just wondered if anyone had an ideas to why.

A lot of hares Iv run on the lamp get missed because they go over a brow or out of sight not because the dog hasn't worked it probably I'm terrible with lamping in hand and don't take it very seriously but I do feel for the dog when it goes out of sight of the lamp

• Like 2

Bring your dog and we will see how easy they are

hares are like maxi rabbits at the minute,long grass,still feeding,fat,theres boys thinking they have champion dogs now,bet its a different story come dec,jan.

go on f/b and see the pics from today,dogs killing them now wont do it in winter.same every yr.

• Like 1