Greyhounds

looking for a pup next spring/summer and after umming and arring i think i fancy a couple of greyhounds.i'm just going to enter them and use them just the same as lurchers.anybody on here had a pure greyhound from a pup and how did it turn out.?how much for a good one.?and anything else that could come in handy.cheers.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the lads asking,YES,RAZZMATAZZ is still about,he,s lying with his feet in the air on my sofa as I type,lol From the stuff I've seen and heard about,he's suppose to be throwing some descent animal

i've read the replys and understand that i will end up with a bitch that can't turn,has no stamina and will either have to be retired after 1 season with foot injurys or will possibly die after a nast

I remember that big hearted little bitch, Cashel's Evening was her name

Posted Images

looking for a pup next spring/summer and after umming and arring i think i fancy a couple of greyhounds.i'm just going to enter them and use them just the same as lurchers.anybody on here had a pure greyhound from a pup and how did it turn out.?how much for a good one.?and anything else that could come in handy.cheers.

ask max on here , he keeps greyhounds :thumbs:

• Like 1

I think there's a lot they can do ,but the injuries would be my main concern.

Others maybe have the fear they won't hold up

Lurchers can have terrible injuries ,and are a fair bit slower ,arguably will run smarter.

I'd certainly pick thee runs on the lamp and insure them

• Like 1

I think there's a lot they can do ,but the injuries would be my main concern.

Others maybe have the fear they won't hold up

Lurchers can have terrible injuries ,and are a fair bit slower ,arguably will run smarter.

I'd certainly pick thee runs on the lamp and insure them

thats what i keep hearing but from people that have only rescued an adult .brought up on the land from pups,surely they will learn just like every other lurcher.

• Like 3

I know mate but you wrote that you had deerhound crosses that got hurt. So why increase your chances with a less robust and much faster dog.

Depending on what you mean by how much for a good one.....it could be a couple of grand each

• Like 1

Id defo run one the speed alone is something to be admired

not in it for massive numbers it's about the sport although i do want a fair result on em..use them as an all rounder.
nor am I, but if it gets away from a greyhound, there's nothing other than a bullet gona catch it. But as an all rounder I'd reckon they'd be a good pot filler, I'd go a bitch though
  • Like 3

I have seen a few that worked ,and they had foot problems more often then not,

That would have happened whether brought up as a track dog or a hunting dog.

Really admire the greyhound,for their speed and drive ,but there lies their problem

I know mate but you wrote that you had deerhound crosses that got hurt. So why increase your chances with a less robust and much faster dog.

Depending on what you mean by how much for a good one.....it could be a couple of grand each

think i was very unucky with my deer x.a deer x is much heavier so don't bounce as well as a smaller dog.getting one is probably not a great idea but it's something that always pops into my head.couple of grand each might see me getting a lurcher instead.

sent him a pm already bird.nice marathon runner about 26tts lovely but why aint more doing it.?

he deff got some good stock there ,my dog Buck , his sire Razzmatzz big distance greyhound, Buck fast and good stamina , razz deff injected quality in to a lurcher :yes: . regards in pure form greyhounds, never ran one like a lurcher, there speed might be there down fall , more so lamping running 35-40 mph in the dark it would be heart in your mouth job deff with greyhound :huh:

• Like 1

I have seen a few that worked ,and they had foot problems more often then not,

That would have happened whether brought up as a track dog or a hunting dog.

Really admire the greyhound,for their speed and drive ,but there lies their problem

i get it but shouldn't a dog thats built for running have superior feet not the other way around or maybe thats why they were retired in the 1st place,some lines of greys must have smart feet.can't be no worse than a whippet or whip/grey.do you know if anybodys got one from a pup and reared it.?