Deerhound Greyhound Or Bedlington Greyhound Stud

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

cracking coat on this beddy cross but know where your coming had 6 beddy crosses all in and only 1 has had a bad coat so done no bad

Would this caulli cross no change your mind

Greyhounds and whippets, the two most slated dogs on this site. Collie, bull and saluki more honest influence, really? Honesty in a dog to me, is trying it's utmost when in pursuit, and you don't get

Posted Images

Hi guys my greyhound birch is 5 now had 3 season working and she is a great bitch does all asked of her

I'm wanting something to give her a better coat to her pups

I'm torn between a 1/2 cross deerhound grey or bedlington grey to do 3/4 bred pups to keep some hieght there and staying power my bitch stays for England and knows her job

Anyone got anything for stud and anyone used the 3/4 lines im wanting to produce many thanks

Id not breed from a Greyhound bitch to produce honest lurchers,false economy.Its better to breed from a lurcher and save all the wastage,fact.

Why would breeding a greyhound create wastage tho 90% if not more lurchers are greyhound based

Greyhound is nearly 90% wastage and the most useful lurchers are best 25% Grew.

You're confusing me here morton, and the issue. So if jase's bitch has done 3 seasons of decent work/lamping, seemingly with little in the way of many problems/injuries, that he's happy enough with to consider breeding a litter from, is she still 90% crap, or one of the remaining 10% of greyhounds or greyhound bred lurchers left that are any good?

@ bigjase1, if I were you I'd get talking to some of the lads that do have some good 1st cross deer/grey dogs and use one of them over her. Most 3/4 grey 1/4 deerhounds I've seen over the years have been great dogs, especially on the lamp. And I don't know where all this 90% wastage bollox comes from, I aint seen one that didn't try it's guts out, on whatever got up in the beam, and were also more than a tad useful during the day.

• Like 2

If not straight f1s wanted use a generation bred type animal of choice all types out there with coat , bull deerhound . dai has one on here give coat on some Welps and retaining prey drive good luck what Eva thy choice personally when breeding from a grey there no need ta add any more that I believe his what Morton his getting over . Failing that replace with like another grey .atb bunnys.