Daiwa Theory Barbel Rod

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291760189287

Anyone have these? I was going to get a pair of greys pb range but a friemd of mine has both daiwa and greys rods and prefers the daiwa ones. Just after opinion of others.

Im after a barbel rod with an avon too 2.25 for batteling the trent but also a quiver top for placea like swale, dearne, wye etc because Id like to give them a go aswell.

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here you go mate.atb dc

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291760189287   Anyone have these? I was going to get a pair of greys pb range but a friemd of mine has both daiwa and greys rods and prefers the daiwa

Not bad for that sort of money you don't need to spend loads of money to catch fish, think back to when you was a kid just enjoy mate atb Flacko

I have been thinking of getting a pair of new rods.Im currently using fox duo lites in 1.75lb-served me well for a good 8 seasons but would like something along the lines of 2.25 lb next-the diawa theory's have good reviews. My mate has the greys and ive had a few fish on them and don't really rate them-fox imo are well worth the money.my other pal has the tf gear barbel rods the flagship option and they are well balanced and have a lovely action-wouldn't pay what they want on the website-go to the factory outlet and they almost half price-always good deals if you go down there.shimano make some tidy barbel rods that are worth a look ;) or there's hardys if your feeling flush lol;).atb dc

I agree flacko but everyone keeps lookin at me funny when I turn up wi mi little yellow net on a garden cane!

I am using my carp rods at the minute which are fine for the trent but Im hoping to get onto other venues this year so need to sort mi tackle to suit. Plus I believe in buying decent tackle and it lasts.

Fortunately most tackle now is decent and reasonably priced.

• Like 1

Let me know when you can get up there and I'll put you on to the fish-I wouldn't worry to much about kit-half decent feeder rod and 10lb mainline is enough for the wye in summertime,if it's ripping through you be glad of your carp rods :).atb dc

• Like 1

If anyone's interested' I have a pair of fox barbel duo'lites in 1.75 lb Avon tops with the feeder tops with various tips 3oz carbon 5 oz etc-well used but in excellent condition -retail at around 150 each new-take 80 notes for them if anyone wants them.caught hundreds of fish on them carp off the top and barbel,chub,bass to name a few.bought some new twin tips yesterday ;).atb dc

• Like 1

I didn't have the patience to wait so went to tackle shop-nice to feel the action of the blank before you buy-settled on the korum twin tip + -1.75lb top and 2.2 lb top.pick the wife up from airport at 3 pm-drop her off and I'm going fishing give them a whirl lol-my pals have been banging them out -17 fish between them last 3 sessions. The new shimano ultegra reels I want or not out for a few more months so still using my old reels at the mo.give me a shout when you coming up for a session ry -atb dc