What Would You Do?

I hope I'm wrong but at some stage the so called Patterdale terrier probably will get K.C. recognition.

There's lads still alive today who've had their lines 30 or 40 years and some day they'll be told that their tall or short or cobby rough coated undershot white footed terriers are NOT Patterdales.

But on the plus side there'll be a fortune to be had, LMAO.

Does anyone care, as long as they are still used as workers does it really matter? What's in a name anyway?

I'd bloody care if someone told me what the terriers I've bred for generations are or are not. Especially if that person only had them a wet week and was jumping on a band wagon.

But I do agree that K.C. recognition wouldn't effect those who are true to them as workers.

• Like 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you thought the parents were good enough to breed from why would a colour bother you ? Half the reason terrier work has gone tits upwards is people breeding for colour or stamp, work is the reason

There's no such mythical animal as a "pure Patterdale " , they've got border, bull and Black and tan in the mix. They're a relatively new type, show me any pictures of a family of "pure Patterdale "

Rippem the reason we all say it's a throw back is because we all know there's no such thing as a pure Patterdale. You're getting obsessed with a piece of paper and a colour. The line of terriers I ke

Posted Images

I hope I'm wrong but at some stage the so called Patterdale terrier probably will get K.C. recognition.

There's lads still alive today who've had their lines 30 or 40 years and some day they'll be told that their tall or short or cobby rough coated undershot white footed terriers are NOT Patterdales.

But on the plus side there'll be a fortune to be had, LMAO.

Does anyone care, as long as they are still used as workers does it really matter? What's in a name anyway?

I'd bloody care if someone told me what the terriers I've bred for generations are or are not. Especially if that person only had them a wet week and was jumping on a band wagon.

But I do agree that K.C. recognition wouldn't effect those who are true to them as workers.

As long as you know the score what's it matter?

I'd just smugly smile while the numpty made his claims and walk away contempt knowing I had the real deal on the leash...

These KC pets will have to come from somewhere and a working ped is allways worth a few extra quid when bullshitting others how good your pups are and then the dog pounds will start to fill with wild out of control pats who's fuckwit owners got the wrong sort of dog for a quiet family home..

Again the dogs will suffer at the hands of these clever people :bad: ..

• Like 3

Don't just blame the KC. It pains me to say it but I think sometimes the people most passionate about certain breeds end up unknowingly doing the most damage, for example book writers.

Richard Stratton in a way regrets writing all those books about the APBT as it made them sexy and fashionable, before the books they were relatively unknown to the public, I'm sure the same happened over here to dogs and hunting in general....

• Like 1

Don't just blame the KC. It pains me to say it but I think sometimes the people most passionate about certain breeds end up unknowingly doing the most damage, for example book writers.

Richard Stratton in a way regrets writing all those books about the APBT as it made them sexy and fashionable, before the books they were relatively unknown to the public, I'm sure the same happened over here to dogs and hunting in general....

There's no doubt about that and the legendary stories and out going temperament of the so called Patterdale would appeal to a lot of folk, until it kills the neighbours cat or gets lost underground that is.

There's no doubt about that and the legendary stories and out going temperament of the so called Patterdale would appeal to a lot of folk, until it kills the neighbours cat or gets lost underground that is.

I shouldn't laugh but I had to smile when my Patterdale escaped out of the garden only to go next door and somehow chew threw the rabbit pen to kill the neighbours rabbit. They found the dog asleep with a devoured rabbit missing... True story.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

There's all ready lads on that one boys over here-dishing out 30 yr peds with akc paperwork with their bully type patts-only thing they good for is backfill imho-but plenty of folks out there will buyin to these dreams ;)atb dc

a thirty year ped would only go back three maybe four generations in most working kennels