Swollen Front Leg.

Just noticed my pups leg is swollen quite bad after taking her out for a few runs last night to learn the lamp game..eny advise from you in the know...?

This is exactly what I have been saying WHY would anyone take a Lurcher lamping this time of year ???

I am sorry to hear about ur dog mate but I don't know what else you would expect

Don’t really agree mate, we have hard ground all year round, like concrete from spring onwards and the dogs are fine. We don’t have a season and run them all year round average temp here is 25 c Why do you think that is ??? Just a question.

good point do you lamp over there ?

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dont lamp her when grounds like iron bud. A good doggy man will know when to hold em back just as well as knowing when to pull the trigger. Get some deep heat rubbed into her leg and rest her atb

This is exactly what I have been saying WHY would anyone take a Lurcher lamping this time of year ??? I am sorry to hear about ur dog mate but I don't know what else you would expect

The swelling has pretty much gone this morning...no pain no limping...so all good...

The ground was fine..

If you went where I think you went it's like running the dogs on a memory foam mattress and ideal for starting youngsters.
Thats convinient lol must be only place in country every where else is like iron
If it was like iron I don't think the dog would of lasted 30 plus runs?

30 runs?! Thought it was only a few?
It caught 29 so must of been 30 plus runs. Unless it catches a few off each run. Stranger things have been claimed on THL. Lol

You've lost me mate lol. Don't know tb25, but when he said 'a few runs to teach it the lamping game' I assumed he just gave a sapling a few runs? Ah well, not to worry lol :thumbs:
There is another thread further down where he posted pic of 29 mate.

Which led me to believe the ground couldn't of been like iron like others suggested.

Just seen it. How old is that pup? And ffs don't say 5 months! Lol

4 months. Haha.

I'm not sure. It's gotta be 10-11 months now if not older.

The ground was fine..

If you went where I think you went it's like running the dogs on a memory foam mattress and ideal for starting youngsters.
Thats convinient lol must be only place in country every where else is like iron
If it was like iron I don't think the dog would of lasted 30 plus runs?

30 runs?! Thought it was only a few?
It caught 29 so must of been 30 plus runs. Unless it catches a few off each run. Stranger things have been claimed on THL. Lol

You've lost me mate lol. Don't know tb25, but when he said 'a few runs to teach it the lamping game' I assumed he just gave a sapling a few runs? Ah well, not to worry lol :thumbs:
There is another thread further down where he posted pic of 29 mate.

Which led me to believe the ground couldn't of been like iron like others suggested.

Just seen it. How old is that pup? And ffs don't say 5 months! Lol.

PS

I'm assuming here that you know tb25 :thumbs:

I only know him off here. Chatted by PM a few times. Seems a decent sort and cares a lot for his dogs.

Just noticed my pups leg is swollen quite bad after taking her out for a few runs last night to learn the lamp game..eny advise from you in the know...?

This is exactly what I have been saying WHY would anyone take a Lurcher lamping this time of year ???

I am sorry to hear about ur dog mate but I don't know what else you would expect

Don’t really agree mate, we have hard ground all year round, like concrete from spring onwards and the dogs are fine. We don’t have a season and run them all year round average temp here is 25 c Why do you think that is ??? Just a question.

yes mate, Haven't started my pup yet (9 mths old) I normally wait till 12 months old see how she is, if ready then start in the light, I start them ferreting from day one, I find it a great way to teach obedience and other skill sets. Brown bitch has been on the fox's for awhile now. bought a new kit not long ago. 13147751_1456984871073108_16141275104896

• Like 1

yes mate, Haven't started my pup yet (9 mths old) I normally wait till 12 months old see how she is, if ready then start in the light, I start them ferreting from day one, I find it a great way to teach obedience and other skill sets. Brown bitch has been on the fox's for awhile now. bought a new kit not long ago. 13147751_1456984871073108_16141275104896

crikey proper job that lot. What model is that lamp looks a whooper ? Look forward to your reports on the lamping be interesting

what the f.u.u.k are people thinking on here ????? There's dog men and men with dogs

If you put the miles in rooting about for spots up and down our vast island, you will find suitable ground to run. I have a little spot on the coast which is a dunes system, and you are lamping sand. And is fine for bunnies to all year round to give a sapling some sport. You just got to do your homework.

Am dam sure the fella that took TB out more than knows what hes doing atb

And well done TB and pup

• Like 1