Help Me Out Here.....rnli

Can someone please put me straight here....

RNLI are charity funded if Im not mistaken? People with kids going out to risk their lives to save others who may or may not be at fault of being f***ing stupid.

Local authority fuckwits with made up job titles earning upwards of 70k doing bugger all but waiting for the pay off and great pension benefits.....

Again.....can someone tell how this adds up?

Matt

(Land locked overweight brummy)

Always lived by the sea. Always had at least one family member or friend who was on coast watch or cliff rescue although never a loved one on lifeboat crew.

Whatever you read, and I too have heard all sorts of stuff about what charity administrators earn, and how much the RNLI gets, please don't stop supporting the lifeboats.

♥️ Solomon Brown.

• Like 2

Most councils are stuffed with corrupt officials, one reason why your council tax is so high, to pay their over inflated wages and index linked pension funds. The RNLI is voluntary. as far as i am aware only the spurn crew are full time employees, thank god they exist, and hope you never need them.

Can someone please put me straight here....

RNLI are charity funded if Im not mistaken? People with kids going out to risk their lives to save others who may or may not be at fault of being f***ing stupid.

Local authority fuckwits with made up job titles earning upwards of 70k doing bugger all but waiting for the pay off and great pension benefits.....

Again.....can someone tell how this adds up?

Matt

(Land locked overweight brummy)

It doesn't add up,mate ! The whole f***ing world's gone mad !

Most councils are stuffed with corrupt officials, one reason why your council tax is so high, to pay their over inflated wages and index linked pension funds. The RNLI is voluntary. as far as i am aware only the spurn crew are full time employees, thank god they exist, and hope you never need them.

Stockport council publishes their wages (I guess the have to?). There is a director and a vice director both on well over 100. Then there are 10 executives on 100-140k then there will be all the managers on 60-80k and so on and so on....however they had to lay off lolly pop ladies, park workers and close down libraries...that wasn't political was it lol

• Like 1

whilst i agree with you about overpayed men at the top o the council, they are not payed by your council tax. neither are any other council workers. my mrs works or the council , yes she gets a good wage but she worked damn hard to get where she is and works damn hard now. she hasnt had a pay rise or 6 years unlike the councillors who vote themselves one every time and most o them do nothing to earn it.

dont know about other rnli areas but cornwall council have a contract with the rnli to provide care on the beaches and pay them to provide this so here in cornwall it is not entirely charity unded

Edited by robbo

My council (Milton Keynes) employs a chap called Duncan Sharkey. His title is Director of Place (?), a job created especially for him, and he is paid the princely sum of £140,000 - about the same as the Prime Minister ! This is a measly £35,000 more than his previous "job" at Worcester council........

Meanwhile, back in the real world......