I don't know about everyone else but I'm sick of Turkey! the breast is dry and we always end up feeding half to the dogs :hmm:, this year I fancied a Goose but I'm getting too much oposition from the rest of the family.

one other choice is a Capon chicken, they're supposed to be tasty and no where near as dry as Turkey but still can't make my mind up! any ideas people to make a nice change from Turkey and advice on cooking? cause its looking like I'll be cooking this year :whistling:.....

Jasper

I don't know about everyone else but I'm sick of Turkey! the breast is dry and we always end up feeding half to the dogs :hmm:, this year I fancied a Goose but I'm getting too much oposition from the rest of the family.

one other choice is a Capon chicken, they're supposed to be tasty and no where near as dry as Turkey but still can't make my mind up! any ideas people to make a nice change from Turkey and advice on cooking? cause its looking like I'll be cooking this year :whistling:.....

Jasper

:hmm::hmm: stuffed turkey breast,no waste we give some to the dogs as well, also a nice piece of beef ,i would have partridge and venison but mrs wont eat it :drink:

i like a big bit of fore~rib and and the butterfly off the turkey we have goose for boxing day but it is a wild one normally a pink but this year going to have a greylag i think jasper if you want a goose mate let me know ile sort you one out :thumbs:

regards wag :thumbs:

i like a big bit of fore~rib and and the butterfly off the turkey we have goose for boxing day but it is a wild one normally a pink but this year going to have a greylag i think jasper if you want a goose mate let me know ile sort you one out :thumbs:

regards wag :thumbs:

I may well take you up on that offer mate if I can convince Gill. Traditionaly having turkey for xmas don't do it for me anymore! we end up living on it for days efter until the dogs get the rest! mind you I have never had a fresh free range Turkey which would probably be totaly different :hmm:, with me doing the cooking WAG its looking like its going to be bread and jam :whistling:.....

ATB

Jasper

Jasper

Depends on how many you want to feed but Guinea Fowl is bloody superb!