Reading through the posts certainly gives me a appertite :snack:. so far I have in the freezer 3 brace of pheasants and a couple of Partridge many thanks to WAG :thumbs:! and a nice Roe back leg.

There's some Guinea Fowl running about at the end of my estate! but they've been there a few years so they could be a bit tough, I'm still not sure weather to get one of the Capon Chickens which are supposed to be pretty fat and juicy and not too dry, I'm looking at all sorts of meats but I think its got to be a bird for the table....

Jasper

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I'm with Stu' on this one; Enough to eat will be just fine. Beyond that, I'm not fussy as it's just another day here.

I'd like to share in some of the gorgeous breast of lamb my lucky Dogs get. But trying to eat that without any top teeth becomes a miserable experiance, believe me.

Jasper; If ye can source some " Wild Boar ", mate. It'll take ye taste buds back fifty years! :yes:

AS its just me and the mrs. for xmas day its going to be duck with part boiled taters put into roast with it some roast parsnips and a big portion of sprouts pigs in blankets and some stuffing balls and nice home made gravy with a big slosh of red wine as i'm cooking, oh and a small ham which i shall be boiling with some spices as i love my cold meat and pickles in the evening :tongue2:

I'm with Stu' on this one; Enough to eat will be just fine. Beyond that, I'm not fussy as it's just another day here.

I'd like to share in some of the gorgeous breast of lamb my lucky Dogs get. But trying to eat that without any top teeth becomes a miserable experiance, believe me.

Jasper; If ye can source some " Wild Boar ", mate. It'll take ye taste buds back fifty years! :yes:

careful Ditch,we wouldn't like to see a revival in wildboar eating,the prices would rocket and everyone

would be out hunting 'ye olde wilboare',best keep good things to yeselfe,i fancy Pork this xmas,just to

offend the mussies that don't like teddy bears called Mohahmed,since we can't have anythying christian

these days i've decided to christen everything the mussies are offended by, eating in the name of Mohahmed....otherwise i may as well do everything in the name of Allah....but i can always get a nurse to turn my bed to my nativity scene five times a day,.......

Higgins

I don't know about everyone else but I'm sick of Turkey! the breast is dry and we always end up feeding half to the dogs :hmm:, this year I fancied a Goose but I'm getting too much oposition from the rest of the family.

one other choice is a Capon chicken, they're supposed to be tasty and no where near as dry as Turkey but still can't make my mind up! any ideas people to make a nice change from Turkey and advice on cooking? cause its looking like I'll be cooking this year :whistling:.....

Jasper

Gruel as usual "cough", or possibly a coney of't masters estate, less'n I get caught up in them there man traps I s'pose. I do like porridge so it don't really matter, "cough", perhaps they'll let me sleep next to't boiler, in't jail ifn I get caught, sigh.