Foxs In Strange Places

My daughter's just come in the door from walking her terrier to tell me there's a fox rooting around in the middle of the football field out the road.

2 p.m. on the edge of the village. You can get a fox anywhere nowadays.

Town foxes are in their hundreds where I am.

When I worked in London never seen anything like it-they would be trotting down the street like a dog in and out of the folks going to work,most of the people would be glued to their phones and not even notice them.used to feed one vixen and her cubs every morning after a night shift,she was missing her front left leg.she would sit under the balcony of my digs calling up for me to feed them .atb dc

• Like 8

Last year I posted on here a couple of times about a very tame fox at work I seen her on the roof of a 360 digger with a driver in it and also on top of lockers sleeping in the drying room made a change her sleeping in there instead of the Indian concrete finishers

• Like 2

Strangest place we ever came across one was in a set of Cambridge rollers on a farm .I thought the dog was ratting but a look revealed charlie wrapped around the metal inside .Anybody knowing what they look like inside will understand how hard it must have been to get in there .It eventually bolted and made good its escape much to terriers disgust .Found them up trees ,in piles of broken slabs ,in a lumber yard ,in cable troughs in a derelict building ,basically anywhere out the wind will do .Mate of mine once ran one into the shell of old cortina half buried and they had to take the back seat out to get at it .

Strangest place we ever came across one was in a set of Cambridge rollers on a farm .I thought the dog was ratting but a look revealed charlie wrapped around the metal inside .Anybody knowing what they look like inside will understand how hard it must have been to get in there .It eventually bolted and made good its escape much to terriers disgust .Found them up trees ,in piles of broken slabs ,in a lumber yard ,in cable troughs in a derelict building ,basically anywhere out the wind will do .Mate of mine once ran one into the shell of old cortina half buried and they had to take the back seat out to get at it .

when I was a kid there was an old Morris traveller that was folded in half and buried on an old piece of waste ground on the back of the industrial estate -held a fox on more than one occasion lol and an old quarry that I ferret has the back drum off a 16 ton concrete wagon half buried and holes all around and under it.never ran it with a terrier mind,I stay away from the quarrys inside and on top if I can.atb dc
  • Like 1

Farmer I have permission off was telling me about three years ago that when the local men we're hunting there harriers the dogs had gone off after a hunt and he was talking to one of them and next minite the saw two foxes on the top of his old house roof ; the were watching the dogs and made well there own escape when it was safe

pre ban hounds marked in a bramble patch , thought it was under some tin or rubbish as the farm was littered with rubbish too our likeing as we always found there .

after battling through the bramble we found an old wooden wardrobe , it took us a while too open the door as the brambles were so thick , the wardrobe was on its back led down and the door faceing the sky , we managed too open the door and could see Charlie , it was a reflection in the mirror which was inside the wardrobe , there was one single hole going into it in a corner , weather it was led up in the bramble or in the wardrobe we will never know but it was pretty funny seeing him in the reflection in the mirror , we found them in derelict caravans under tin , under rsj-s , trees (seen three come out the top), common in barns , derelict buildings , stacked pipes , cars which are overgrown with bramble ,tyre dumps very cunning animals