THE BIG ONE

Right fight fans the big one is almost nigh :boxing: .Time to stick yer necks out and make your predictions :yes: I'm sure most of us would love to see Ricky leave the Yank swimming in his own shite,but lets have some honest realistic views.

Mayweather is class,he has it in all departments,speed,movement,power,and a great boxing brain,but nobody is unbeatable.If i'm honest,i think Mayweather will run and counter punch his way to a slender points victory,but who cares for favourites,Ricky is the "good guy" he's british,and he's a decent human being.So i'm having a few quid on Ricky TKO round 10.I honestly think the Mayweather camp have underestimated Rickys talents,he's very strong,has fast hands and feet,and can adapt to win.Mayweather looked very uncomfortable against De La Hoya,and had De La Hoya not ran out of steam,i think he would of won the fight,i also think Castillo beat Mayweather in there first fight.If the ref lets Ricky do his "thing" i think he might just pull it off,anyone remember Honeyghan v Curry? Turpin v Robinson? :boxing::thumbs:

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i honestly think ricky will win i dont care weather it points a ko or what ever i just hope he does ,that mayweather is to far up his own arse no doubt he is a great boxer but i hope ricky wins .LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE

if mayweather comes to fight, hatton in the 4th. if he comes to box he'll win on points. mayweather is a great user of the ring and he'll use it. like he did against de la hoya. also got to take in to account mayweather in theory should be the fitter of the two.

HATTON TO WIN.

Bill think your right about flloylds tactics,honestley believe he will try to run and counter punch his way to victory,and try to catch the judges eye on the last miniute of every round,very predictable is pretty boy flloyld, relies to much on his hand speed,

think they very much underestimate ,how much 'in your face'pressure ricky can put on ,and for how long he can maintain that pressure(every round)

hes in better shape for this one phyisicaly and mentely than he was for the kosta tysu fight.

Over in the states they used to favour the more agressive of the too fighters ,(one who brought the fight to the other)when it came to asplit desision,

but as the last fight flloyld had proved that carnt be relied on,

as dela hoya said, when he was asked about him losing steam in the latter of the rounds,

with a smile on his face he replied , that alot of people had paid alot of money to see this fight, and if he hadnt of chased after maywether, there wouldnt have been a fight, and as he believed ,the challenger had to convincingly take the title off the champ ,which in my opinion never happened,

Age being a factor ,hatton wont run out of steam and i can see flloyld gettin frustrated, and gettin himself dragged into a close quaters battle,of such ferocity

of wich will leave him with no aswer to,other than to hold on a watch his BELT fall away from him, :boxing:

COME ON RICKY LAD WERE ALL ROUTIN FOR YOU :drink::drink::drink: THEREL BE A FEW OF THEASE WHEN YOU WIN.

Guest BIG FRANK

hatton is a machine .

may has underestimated him from the off .

ive been watching that 24/7 on sky sports and may is fast granted and is good on the counter but hatton is a laster by this i mean in the 10th him will give as much as th first.

may slows down about the seventh round wanting the counter. were hatton will stick to his game until the end(i predict it wont go the distance and hatton will do him body wise BREAK HIM DOWN ).

MAY HAS NEVER BEEN IN THE RING WITH A GREAT BODY MAN LIKE HATTON HE WONT BE ABLE TO COPE WITH THE BIG BODY SHOTS.

HATTON IS THICK HE DON'T GIVE A FOOK ABOUT HIS FACE AND HOW HE LOOKS WERE AS MAY HE THINKS TO MUCH ABOUT HIS FACE.hatton will rearange it for him and damage a couple of ribs toboot :crazy: :boxing: :boxing: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:notworthy: I hope Hatton wins by round 5 but you never know.

I reckon Mayweather knows he has a fight on his hands and don't look to confident at the moment but he is a world champ and deserves the credit and respect as such.

As Bill say's, he would be stupid to go toe to toe with the peoples champ and he is one hell of a good boxer and counter puncher.

:boxing: Ricky to win :boxing:

As every other englishman i would love to see hatton win the fight it would be great for british boxing....but i just cant see it....i disagree with a few who have said hatton can adapt,he cant,he is a pressure fighter and pressure fighters dont do well off te back foot...that said mayweather can fight off the back foot and is comfortable there,which makes for an interesting fight....mayweather is technically superior and i dont think for 1 minute he has underestimated hatton....the one thing hatton has in his favour,is good old fashioned hunger and determination.....but in every other department mayweather has him unfortunately...and what he also has over him which most people are forgetting...is size ! hattons only fight up at welter he looked poor against mediocre opposition and moved straight back down...now he,s fighting the world champ,and a good world champ.......i like hatton he,s a good guy,the down to earth " pint and a pie " act is wearing a bit thin now.... all the same i really hope he wins this fight..... but i pick mayweather by late round stoppage.

gnasher16. hatton is meant to be fighting lite.. staying at light welter to keep up his stamina. but having said that mayweather is coming down so he's going to be a heavy welter if you get what i mean. still reckon if they fight its hatton in the fourth. if they box mayweather on points

hatton wont be below 145 mate....he wont give him 2 pound let alone 7.....a lot of this fight will depend on the referee......hatton does a lot of holding in a fight to get close...if the ref keeps splitting them it will be to mayweathers advantage....joe cortez is a very experienced referee....but he does live in america :hmm: