Trapping Australia

Would anyone mind if i posted a few photos of some trapping from Australia.

The Animals are still alive in the photos and are dispatched humanely inmediately after the picture has been taken. The traps used are foothold traps rubber jawed with a chain that has a shock spring to prevent the animal from jarring itself and crunch proof swivels to prevent the chain from kinking. These traps are legal for use i Aus.

Just thought i would post this, because last time i uploaded photos a few people got their nose out of joint.

The animals in the photos are foxes and feral cats.

• Like 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IF you don't like traps, then it seems to me that you are looking in the wrong forum, some of us make our living using them and we put up with enough shit and jump through enough hoops without having

Well i guess you could say there is no big deal in seeing any animal "dead" whether it be shot or trapped. Hell why would you even look at a picture of fish caught if you have been there done that? We

If we can't put up pictures of legal trapping, shooting, dog work etc then what is the point of the site ???.......

Personally, as one of the least sensitive /shockable people going, I have no desire to see foxes stuck in legholds......how about some useful and interesting photos /explanations of how you set them??

• Like 2

As a non trapper I do wonder if my input would be valid, but I will give it anyway. :D Photos of trapped animals do nothing for me, but as above with Dido the method used would really interest me. It does seem to me that the perceived humaneness of a trap all depends on the viewers perspective and trapping history.

I see nothing wrong with the soft leg hold trap, however I can see that an animal trapped that way would be stressed. That said, any animal that is trapped alive will be stressed so do we stop using live rat or squirrel cages?

I may be a million miles away, but would I wish to see photos of alive or dead wild dogs in traps? Straight answer, no. Would I like to see the whys and wherefores of trap placement, you bet I would.

TC

• Like 2

Would anyone mind if i posted a few photos of some trapping from Australia.

The Animals are still alive in the photos and are dispatched humanely inmediately after the picture has been taken. The traps used are foothold traps rubber jawed with a chain that has a shock spring to prevent the animal from jarring itself and crunch proof swivels to prevent the chain from kinking. These traps are legal for use i Aus.

Just thought i would post this, because last time i uploaded photos a few people got their nose out of joint.

The animals in the photos are foxes and feral cats.

If it was me, i wouldnt let anyone put me off, showing my photos, on here , if i wanted too ? (within reason),..... (although i do acknowledge, some of the opposing points, being made ?)

As a non trapper I do wonder if my input would be valid, but I will give it anyway. :D Photos of trapped animals do nothing for me, but as above with Dido the method used would really interest me. It does seem to me that the perceived humaneness of a trap all depends on the viewers perspective and trapping history.

I see nothing wrong with the soft leg hold trap, however I can see that an animal trapped that way would be stressed. That said, any animal that is trapped alive will be stressed so do we stop using live rat or squirrel cages?

I may be a million miles away, but would I wish to see photos of alive or dead wild dogs in traps? Straight answer, no. Would I like to see the whys and wherefores of trap placement, you bet I would.

TC

Your 'input' is always welcome ! lol

I can show some close ups of squirrels eyes before I shoot em in cage traps....or a close up of a fox in a hole iv dug....all legal. Use your noggins....education yes....photos of live quarry....no need

• Like 1

I can show some close ups of squirrels eyes before I shoot em in cage traps....or a close up of a fox in a hole iv dug....all legal. Use your noggins....education yes....photos of live quarry....no need

Is there a need to show any catch's, dead or alive, in cages, traps, or snares?

Think it's safe to say, we've all done it.

No big deal, showing vermin in footholds as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Well i guess you could say there is no big deal in seeing any animal "dead" whether it be shot or trapped. Hell why would you even look at a picture of fish caught if you have been there done that? Well i think i will stick to the Australian forums where people arent so "sensitive".

• Like 6

Well i guess you could say there is no big deal in seeing any animal "dead" whether it be shot or trapped. Hell why would you even look at a picture of fish caught if you have been there done that? Well i think i will stick to the Australian forums where people arent so "sensitive".

Not everybody feels that way fella ... There's plenty on here that have an interest in trapping ... If it's legal in your country then get the pics up its all education .......

• Like 2