5 Genarations Of Foxing

My grandfather got my old man going he whether out after his best lurcher bitch snapped her neck my brother quit to chase the drugs route which left me. I'll be at it for a good few years yet but my 2 boys one has an interest in anything outdoors. But I'm encouraging him everytime to go down the ferreting route and stay away from the going ons of the terrier world

My great grandfather was head keeper to the then Lord bath and had 6 yes 6 under keepers .His wife ,my great grandmother was ladies maid to the then lady Bath .His father was head keeper on an estate in the Scottish borders .I have an old pic somewhere of them both on a grouse moor with a couple hundred brace grouse layed out .Different times .

well my oldest brother got me started as soon as I could walk & no 1 in our family ever hunted but sadly my brother got out of the game but I got my young cousin into it plus my 7yr old boy & my 5yr old girl are showing a bit of interest they love the outdoors being with the dogs or horses but I'm not forcing it on them they'll either will carry on or they won't but I'm hoping they will but in all honesty I think my girl will be big into the horses & boy will carry on with dogs I hope lol atb cbx

• Like 2

My granfather poached everything everywhere,my old man was the same,when we were young the old man sent all 5 brothers out at a very young age,with cattys,air rifles and the old 410s, now my brother is a keeper and i work the terriers the rest had no intrest from there teens

• Like 1

I've three sons that have no interest what so ever, to much, to young, I spewed them !

ah well you can always cull and start again.
I couldn't score a kiss in a brothel with a tenner stuck to my lips Edited by dillydog
  • Like 3

These two men where taught how to hop a fence by there father and uncles and they taught me . From as far back as i can mind I was in the back of a van with lurchers terriers . They never worked for a estate but they worked a few if you know what I mean lol

• Like 2

On both side of my family there were a few into rough shooting but I'm the first into running dogs. I blame my mother for it as she used to make up stories of dogs going to hunt before i went to bed ha and if she left a dog out of a story I'd ask was that dog she left out sick ha. I think I'll have to make a few stories up for my little lad as my lot aren't up to much haha

Had uncles that did it now my son is into the terriers still talks about going out with me when wife was having his sister in hospital he was about 4 he kept calling me to say there was a fox at a hole next to him I did not believe him until I heard commotion his side as terrier was into it had that one out then went to hospital on way home to see his mum and new sister wife still gives me stick about state we were in him in his little red wellies still out with me every week in season got his own place first thing he did was build kennels now shouts at me to get out hole stop scatching around he's 31 now still going strong just need a couple of grandsons now to carry the spades

• Like 6