Broken Leg.not Doing To Good.

Right the bitch broke her leg.about a month ago.cast put on vet said leave it for a while week later checked the cast said all going fine.leave for another 3 to 4 weeks.

Bitch been down in Herself the last 4 days.

I'm moved from Wales to Shropshire in the meantime.

So took her to the vets yesterday in shropsbire.knocked her out to change the cast.and x-ray.

Vets rang said her leg ain't very good full of deep sores and a week longer would of lost her leg.all because the cast was put on way to tight.

So another op yesterday and a outside cage bolted to her leg and not coming out till Friday. With a hefty bill.

Ffs.vets some good and some not.

I have had similar experience, with a too tight cast deforming the leg of a growing pup. Luckily it came right as the pup was still growing fast. Sadly, that had been put on by a renowned greyhound vet. Another time, and also a greyhound vet, cast put on entirely wrong resulting in the bone pulling apart instead of knitting together. One lives and learns.

• Like 1

Was it done under pet insurance mate ? I'm guessing not as you had a bill .Get your vet to write out a brief description of her findings and post it recorded delivery to your last vet and wait a reply .Then tell them you will be reporting them for negligence .We as a nation tend to put up with shit without moaning so please follow this up .

• Like 6

I'd look into taking it further myself king-shame cause for a pet she was coming on for you.fingers crossed Tiny catches and there's a pup for you to bring on ;).hope the family and your good self have settled in up there,I will be up for a nose soon.atb dc

• Like 3

I know this is not an ideal thing to happen but hopefully she,s on the road to recovery, you will start getting people telling you to sue your vet yardy yah and all the other armchair legal advice that's free for a reason, you will really struggle to find one vet to state that another vet has fudged things up, they will willingly tell you verbally but none will come forward and testify on your behalf, so don't waste your time or money going down those roads just focus on sorting your dog, then if you do want revenge talk to a no win no fee brief, as they will not take your case unless they know they will win and it will cost you nowt to find out, goodluck with her hope she recovers fully

• Like 1

Lol,that's about the worst advice I've seen .Any vet worth their salt will gladly write out a report for you although may charge , it should be on the invoice too.Your altitude is why most Brits don't moan .The threat of a report is usually more powerful than actually doing it and you have nothing to lose .Hope you took plenty of pics and receipts of money paid plus appointment dates .Trust me mate ,have a good moan and see what transpires .

• Like 2

I'd look into taking it further myself king-shame cause for a pet she was coming on for you.fingers crossed Tiny catches and there's a pup for you to bring on ;).hope the family and your good self have settled in up there,I will be up for a nose soon.atb dc

Aye pick me up on the way up ! Haha
  • Like 2

I have had similar experience, with a too tight cast deforming the leg of a growing pup. Luckily it came right as the pup was still growing fast. Sadly, that had been put on by a renowned greyhound vet. Another time, and also a greyhound vet, cast put on entirely wrong resulting in the bone pulling apart instead of knitting together. One lives and learns.

The vet said the both bones had nearly knitted back great. But the damage to her leg and especially foot were a lot worse than the actual breaking of the leg.her leg was more or less rotting away.

Was it done under pet insurance mate ? I'm guessing not as you had a bill .Get your vet to write out a brief description of her findings and post it recorded delivery to your last vet and wait a reply .Then tell them you will be reporting them for negligence .We as a nation tend to put up with shit without moaning so please follow this up .

No insurance FD.so hefty £500 bill.i will have a word with the vet on Friday when I pick the bitch up.

She was showing really keen earlier in the year mate.hopefully she will heal well being 15months.hope tiny catches could do with some luck in the dog world mate lol.yea we settled in now.im drilling hole everywhere for blinds.curtains.pictures.even the drill is moaning here lol.

You and owain are welcome up any time.we will have a full day and maybe a night out aswell.plenty of warm meals for you both mate.

• Like 1

Got to agree with "foxdropper" what have you got to lose!!!!We put our faith in these people expecting them with their experience to fix our dogs, not to make the situation worse through pure "bad workmanship" for want of a better word, you go for it king mate. In the meantime I hope everything goes well and the bitch makes a full recovery. ATB

• Like 2

Lol,that's about the worst advice I've seen .Any vet worth their salt will gladly write out a report for you although may charge , it should be on the invoice too.Your altitude is why most Brits don't moan .The threat of a report is usually more powerful than actually doing it and you have nothing to lose .Hope you took plenty of pics and receipts of money paid plus appointment dates .Trust me mate ,have a good moan and see what transpires .

I,m the moaniest old b*****d you will ever meet, and I am talking from personal experience vets like doctors and dentists all have an unwritten rule of closing ranks and will not testify against one another, I did not say don't complain, I said sort your dog out then speak to a proper solicitor and not an armchair legal expert on here, as there are far to many of you, giving both false hope and useless advice, and right on que you arrive, anyway. Hope the dog recovers I,ll get my coat now,

Vet rang at 6.said she's perked up a bit.

He said they been doing lazer treatment on her sores.

So I can only imagine what they found when they removed the cast.

But hopefully pick her up tomorrow fingers crossed.

I,m the moaniest old b*****d you will ever meet, and I am talking from personal experience vets like doctors and dentists all have an unwritten rule of closing ranks and will not testify against one another, I did not say don't complain, I said sort your dog out then speak to a proper solicitor and not an armchair legal expert on here, as there are far to many of you, giving both false hope and useless advice, and right on que you arrive, anyway. Hope the dog recovers I,ll get my coat now,

Not all internet advice is wrong .You seem a defeatist mate .f****d before you start .My own vet hates bad practice and has shopped a few in her time .King, I take it you arnt taking it further mate .

That is good news king chuffed for you. I just hope you test the water and question the vet as to the reason why your dog had to endure this treatment after supposedly having had a medical procedure which was as far as you were concerned a conclusive remedy from your previous vet. Please try you might be pleasantly surprised, if he or she is a true animal lover which they should be surely they will sympathise and recognise negligence and support you. Fingers crossed mate ATB