Bushing Lakeland Terriers

jcm

Anyone else do much hunting with these lakelands above ground, he's approaching 4 now and is a bit of a head case drops in if he finds an occupied earth but he will hunt well but not to far away as I want to see the action and I use him to provide sport for the runners

post-70168-0-19014200-1467144374_thumb.jpegpost-70168-0-89664800-1467144432_thumb.jpeg

• Like 14

I've got a black and tan Lakeland who I use for the same as you.

Mine has just turned 4 ,will go down any hole no stopping him. Drives me mad really,have to be careful where I use him just wants to catch and kill. The dog is a maniac to be fair. Would nor be without him though. Guards my missus and boy like a rottweiler

• Like 2

Mine has just turned 4 ,will go down any hole no stopping him. Drives me mad really,have to be careful where I use him just wants to catch and kill. The dog is a maniac to be fair. Would nor be without him though. Guards my missus and boy like a rottweiler

Same here but if I know the ground then I'll leash him up when I'm close to holes but on unfamiliar ground he has gone missing to ground a fair few times

Ive usually a Lakey in the kennel and i expect them to bush and thrash about on top,as well as graft below.I find lakeys lacking in agility and to focused at a kill or a mark,when you wish to call the mutt away from a mark or off a catch a lakey can often be far to driven and focused,they are easy to enter and often difficult to educate to the way you hunt,its often their way.Ill never be without one and find comfort in the Beddy,s,yet a lakey keeps it real at times.

• Like 1

Have a 4 year old black and tan Lakeland bitch does same thing great little dog wouldn't part with her.