Squirrels Above Suspended Ceiling

Went to see a company who are on the first floor of a two storey commercial building.

They hear squirrels in the ceiling and they have been seen entering via a cable access hole on the soffit.

I lifted one tile on the ceiling to find the space above the ceiling is about 12".

I could see two options for trapping them.

1. Bodygrip in a cage above the ceiling.

2. Bodygrip on a platform below the hole on the soffit on the outside of the building.

1 is easier, but not sure about resting a trap on piece of plywood on the polystyrene tile ceiling. I could screw lengths of batten so they rest on the metal frame.

Any views about the sense of option 1?

Edited by jackg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.1env.co.uk/grey-squirrel-bait.html   Another one for the "so called" professional   If you don't know what you are talking about, its best to say nothing

I see you have made 116 posts to the date of this post. 99 of them must have been against Shropshire mole, has he had a fling with your misses or what? It does seem that your dislike of him does cloud

Just stick a bit of batten on the bottom of the cubby cage.   If it drops through the ceiling it will save you climbing up

I would use a mix of live catch traps/body grips/kanias above the ceiling (covered to make an irresistible tunnel), could always put on a board that covers 2 or 3 tiles for added strength. Generally find that suspended ceilings are quite strong.

Or if they do not mind the risk of smells, could bait with squirrel bait?? most economical solution

atb

• 2 weeks later...

Just stick a bit of batten on the bottom of the cubby cage.

If it drops through the ceiling it will save you climbing up

Thanks all, that's what I did, just got the traps in the ceiling, not much room to spare. Pre baited with peanuts and peanut butter, only took some of the peanuts but all the butter. May try sweet corn next.

Just stick a bit of batten on the bottom of the cubby cage.

If it drops through the ceiling it will save you climbing up

Thanks all, that's what I did, just got the traps in the ceiling, not much room to spare. Pre baited with peanuts and peanut butter, only took some of the peanuts but all the butter. May try sweet corn next.

I use pieces of corn on the cob covered in peanut butter

Or if they do not mind the risk of smells, could bait with squirrel bait?? most economical solution

Warfarin poison may only be deployed out of doors against grey squirrels for tree protection.

If you don't know what you are talking about, its best to say nothing.

Warfarin poison may only be deployed out of doors against grey squirrels for tree protection.

http://www.killgerm.com/onlinecatalogue/grey-squirrel-bait-for-indoor-use-1-x-10kg

Think you will find that you are the complete DICK

• Like 1

http://www.killgerm.com/onlinecatalogue/grey-squirrel-bait-for-indoor-use-1-x-10kg

Think you will find that you are the complete DICK

http://www.1env.co.uk/grey-squirrel-bait.html

Another one for the "so called" professional

If you don't know what you are talking about, its best to say nothing

• Like 2