Any Mechanics. I Need Some Help.

Ok so ive got a sound coming from my 1.9dci engine.

its been to the garage and they done some tenisoner or some pulley thing and its still making the noise. It almost sounds like a whistle kind of noise a bit like on old cars when the engine use to make the radio whistle

Hope this makes sence to someone on here lol. Cheers.

Ok so ive got a sound coming from my 1.9dci engine.

its been to the garage and they done some tenisoner or some pulley thing and its still making the noise. It almost sounds like a whistle kind of noise a bit like on old cars when the engine use to make the radio whistle

Hope this makes sence to someone on here lol. Cheers.

is it a one level whistle at any revs......or does the whistle get higher when you rev faster, normally when a turbo plays up, the sound goes up when the engine gets faster, alternator, water pump, power steering, air con tend to squeal...rather than whistle if it's the bearing, but an idler pulley sounds more like a whistle, you could check the fan belt.....or.....it could be a dead pheasant stuck in the grill............... :laugh:

Turbos whine. Mine sounds like a police siren. Lol

Thought them vectras were the nuts lol atb
I would have another tomorrow. Whining turbo after 150k ain't much to worry about ?

Lol i guess.. I.once had a old mondeo with a one pence piece stuck down the steering wheel used to set the horn off and couldnt stop it punch the wheel and it would stop . Got me in grief a few times at red lights horn screaming and me with my hands in the air like its not me ! ?

• Like 1