Saluki Greyhound Lurcher Pups

Forget the rice and boiling or cooking stuff up for it mate. Feed it raw. Not telling you what to do just a suggestion save u messing around. Try stick to what it likes if it is picky don't pander to him just lift his grub after five minutes. Cracking pup Atb with your first dog. You get back what you put in ;)

What raw meat would you recommend? Twice daily?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitches are not greedy eaters and maintain a decent weight . The dog however hovers around the kichen and whenever the wife cooks I am sure she makes a plate for him he loves Chappatis with butter

scroll down to see recent photos   Big pup:   Sire is greyhound saluki bull x greyhound whippet Dam is first cross saluki greyhound   Small pup:   Dam of new pup is mostly saluki x greyhound

Might just be the pictures, but I would worm him ASAP. ..

Wormy pups usually have a pot belly on them, that pup IMO is just a little light. Was he still being fed with his siblings ?

Feed him regularly and he'll catch up and I'd vary his diet and don't just feed chicken. Chicken is nearly 100% protein and a pup needs more than that.

Give him everything he needs and they "usually" repay the hard work.

• Like 2

Wormy pups usually have a pot belly on them, that pup IMO is just a little light. Was he still being fed with his siblings ?

Feed him regularly and he'll catch up and I'd vary his diet and don't just feed chicken. Chicken is nearly 100% protein and a pup needs more than that.

He was second pick out of a litter of 7. I was gonna go for a brindle dog but he seemed to have more of an energy about him.

He's been scoffing his face all day.

Got some beef mince, ground chicken, rice and good quality kibble.

Very biddable pup, over the moon with him.

He was second pick out of a litter of 7. I was gonna go for a brindle dog but he seemed to have more of an energy about him.

He's been scoffing his face all day.

Got some beef mince, ground chicken, rice and good quality kibble.

Very biddable pup, over the moon with him.

Get some dripping mixed into his feeds looks like a bit of extra fat will do him the world of good :thumbs:

• Like 1

You're right Gaz. Chicken is between 19.3 % and 21 % . I always thought it was much higher but not 100%.

I wouldn't feed a young dog on only chicken though because of it's lack in fat etc.

I agree with that. I like plenty of fatty lamb mince and green tripe for pups plus plenty of decent mixer biscuit.