Lincolnshire Meet Up

Today, I went a little further south to Pianoman's house at his kind invitation to meet up with himself, Mac and Little Hunter also known Simon, Jimmy and Ethan. The get together was mainly to try out the remodelled Prosport that Jimmy has been working hard on but that side I will leave for the boys to talk about, all I will say is 'Jimmy, you are a clever chap'.

The reason for me going down apart from meeting the guys was to get some help with the dark art of springer shooting and whilst I stand in sheer amazment in the skill that was demonstrated. I watched as Simon put 4 pellets on top of eachother and I do mean absolutely on top of eachother., The fact that he was using my R/H TX and he is a L/H shooter.

I then with great confidence took over....................well I hit the back board all over but not the where I should have. Jimmy then took the TX and had a go, not set for him but after a few shots he also nailed the target.
My turn again.......................let us not go there BUT after resetting for me I did start to get the hang of it with some wild shots thrown in for good measure.
The boys really helped me on the right road to start the process of mastering this gun, now it is down to me to keep up the good work they did.

My sincere thanks to both of them for their help and it was great meeting all three. I have to say Ethan is a very charming young fella who certainly follows after his grandad and a credit he is to you mate.

Here are the boys doing what they do best.

20160611_130431_zpsxjrq7gec.jpg

You will note Mark, Jimmy is really taken with the trigger sticks to the point that he is ordering one tomorrow....................okay I lie :boogy: , he hated them but Ethan seemed to get on with them.

Great to meet you all and hope to do it again sometime and one other thing Jimmy can you ask Sean if he can calm the TX down a bit for me pretty please.

Phil

Edited by philpot
  • Like 13

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today, I went a little further south to Pianoman's house at his kind invitation to meet up with himself, Mac and Little Hunter also known Simon, Jimmy and Ethan. The get together was mainly to try out

Dear Phil. Thank you so much for this kind word. It was a pleasure to meet you with Jimmy and Ethan today. Your TX200HC is a genuine beauty. A genuine single hole pellet group at 35 metres is par for

Would be mint if it was not deactivated its a proper ww2 one as well not a replica .   JJ79 yep thats me and i dont know what all the fuss is about then stupid sticks Mark there crap   would not b

Posted Images

Dear Phil.

Thank you so much for this kind word. It was a pleasure to meet you with Jimmy and Ethan today. Your TX200HC is a genuine beauty. A genuine single hole pellet group at 35 metres is par for the course for a rifle of this quality. The truth is, we've been shooting spring rifles for many years, Jimmy and me and we've got to know how they bark! It is all a matter of correct hold and correct trigger technique. Never snatch at it or pull it or you pull the rifle off target. Regard each shot individually, take your time and treat it with finesse and calm, gentle support in your hands. Nothing stressed or grippy'. And 'press' trigger and release the shot with a good follow-through to the target. If you cannot get on with shooting from prone, try bench rest shooting from sitting to a table top for support. Hunting will be a matter of shooting from standing or kneeling.

It's down to a lot of practice with as much on yourself and your preferred shooting position, as much as the rifle itself, but, you'll soon find yourself becoming more and more at ease with the rifle as you progress.

The Prosport is a joy once we got a better pellet sorted out. If I could have bolted on one of my scopes, I reckon it would put a one hole group at the 35 metre range we were shooting to. So, the Prosport has not proved an anti climax or a disappointment.

Jimmy has worked pure magic on the Prosport beech stock. A considerable amount of chopping and shaping had to be done to make it left-hand friendly. However, persuading him to work it again on a beautiful prize exhibition grade walnut Prosport stock, is going to take some bribing! I hate to see a grown man cry, but I'll put up with it this once! As he says, he'll not touch a walnut stock, they are too beautiful.......But we'll see!

I should add, the vintage HW77 Mk.1 stock he has completed for me is an absolutely beautiful handle for my HW77 .22. I'm itching to get out and shoot with it. The beech is pure beautiful swirl of grain and figuring. A real classical rifle I love to bits.

That makes three 'Mac' stocks I now own with great pride and pleasure...and immense gratitude to a dear friend and a great man!

It was a magic day's shooting and a glass of beer in the garden with dear friends. Life is good like like this!

Thanks for coming down and sharing your prize rifle with us. Come again when you can Phil and show us how you're getting along with it!

All the very best.

Simon and Jimmy who's right next to me here and Ethan who's somewhere in the house!

Simon

• Like 10

Sounds like you all had a good time - Nice way to spend a day :good:

...... Is that Mac in the posh shoes, with a ProSport? .... I heard that the Air Arms rep said they're inferior to the TX :snack::rofl:

Edited by Jonjon79
  • Like 3

Erm!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?

:hmm:

:D

Next time Rez ,,,,promise :yes:

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Back safe and sound

sitting hear with my prized mug of coffee

Ethan is at this moment trying to get his mom to frame one of the prints you so kindly gave us

and im looking around the room as i type trying to work out where mine is going to go lol

Thanks for a great day of

Shooting,,beer,,coffee,food, and (soft drinks for little hunter)

Helen i dont know how you put up with us lol

Lads she looked after us no end nothing was a bother to her

1 in a million :air_kiss:

Still dont know if i could chop a walnut stock mind :feck::sorry::nono:

atvbmac

post-63400-0-23534300-1465740188.jpg

post-63400-0-37531700-1465740198.jpg

post-63400-0-83125400-1465740207.jpg

post-63400-0-97837200-1465740216.jpg

• Like 4

Little hunter is going to clean any field of rabbits with that.MP40, enjoyed this post.

All the best to you all

Would be mint if it was not deactivated its a proper ww2 one as well not a replica .

JJ79 yep thats me and i dont know what all the fuss is about then stupid sticks Mark there crap

would not be my ££££s spent on them no way

and im not after an argument ether just my opinion

if if they work for you and Phil then thats fine but i dont like them mate .

It took me some time to get used to Phils tx and the pro sport as i have not used a springer for some time but once i did i was well happy with the results out to 35mtrs

with both rifles i was all over the place with the pp but a change of pellets sorted that out then a rapid firing session soon put pay,d to the shoot and see target

I just love them pp rifles

the tx was not that bad ether

Phil like i say,d mate your trying to hard mate and your getting frustrated with it just relax and take your time NO ONE IS LAUGHING AT YOU ,WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT

Just look at REZ when he started off he did not have a clue and look at him now one of the best on hear his shooting is next to none (other than me and Simon :whistling: )

And praise is given where praise is due and Rez has earn,d it the hard way

And so will you .

TAKE YOUR TIME ,,,,STAY CALM ,SQUEEZE THE TRIGGER SLOWLY ,,FEEL THE RIFLE MAKE HER DO WHAT YOU WANT HER TO DO AND NOT WHAT SHE WANTS TO DO

You will get there in the end bud you just watch

Simon the pics of the d,state are ready my friend

and here are some of the two hw,s together with the mac stocks fitted lol

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

post-63400-0-45105300-1465742941_thumb.jpg

post-63400-0-50178100-1465742960.jpg

post-63400-0-40746800-1465742971.jpg

post-63400-0-20842900-1465742983.jpg

post-63400-0-82439000-1465742999.jpg

• Like 5

Glad to made it home safe and sound Jimmy.

I have been busy in the garden today but found a little time to have a few shots with the TX all be it at a somewhat reduced range compared to Simon's garden, not bad though.

I enjoyed the day and hope we can do it again. The TX certainly like the AA Express but I have to look for another supplier as I am not paying 13.50 for a tin of .177 pellets. I will order some JSB Express from Voymir and perhaps some JSB Heavies as their prices are way better than the price I was charged for the AA's.

Roll on another meet.

Phil

• Like 3

Dear Phil. You'd be more than welcome to visit again here at the Cottage. Lovely to meet you.

Rez, get yourself over too! I can hapily drink my beer watching you lot blast my target boards to smithers!

Dear Jimmy, glad to see you are home safe with Ethan :thumbs:

It was another great honour and pleasure to welcome you to my home again mate and to meet Ethan was a joy. He's such a wonderful, bright young lad and a corking shooter in the making. When we are old buggers gumming our way through hunting stories he'll be out there making them. Hard to believe he's only eleven!

Ethan, you are welcome to visit with granddad anytime little pal. You know I told you to always follow your grandad's example, he's a great man indeed! However, he's not yet fully rounded with the HW77 and hangs on to this daft notion that it is inferior to the HW97K. :tongue2:

Oh no sir it is not. :nono: Don't you listen to that bit from him my bonnie laddie, the HW77 is the finest, most accurate spring rifle on the planet despite its age and the HW97 is just a short-arsed version of this incredible rifle. And I've got a fantastic HW97

HW77..When you absolutely, positively have to kill every mother****** rabbit in the field? MMM-M! Accept no substitutes!

The Prosport is another matter. I really want this to be the rifle I think it is. I need more time with one!

God bless you Jimmy and thanks for a brilliant weekend with us mate. The HW77 and HW80 .22s I now have are beyond the limits of the two best air rifles Weihrauch ever produced. If there ever was an air rifle museum, these two would be the ultimate examples of Weihrauch's place in the history of airgunning to exhibit.

All the best.

Simon

• Like 2