Dogs And Pigeon

Hi all I was walking my dogs this morning on a public footpath my dogs whippet and Lakeland terrier are both working dogs the footpath was very quite so I let them have a quick run then came a injured wood pigeon from nowhere and the dogs had it and killed it which they are trained to do as I work them for rats and rabbits then a lady shouted from nowhere I'm reporting you to the police I tried to explain that it was a accident and the pigeon was already injured that's why it didn't fly away before the dogs had it the women then grabbed her phone and took a picture of me and the dogs I said it was my fault and I would dispose of the bird she called me a murderer and said she was going to upload my photo on Facebook and call the police. What are your thoughts on this matter I no the dogs should have been on lead which they normally are but I made a mistake today can there be any charges the women was shouting dangerous dogs as she was leaving thanks

Mate don't worry. There is no way you will get in trouble for your dogs killing an injured pigeon. You did the bird a favour. It is not an illegality. Pigeons are classified as pests! Don't worry mate. Can't stand these self righteous do gooders that actually don't understand shit.

Dont worry she's just an uneducated idiot. Hers one my mate came to work today and said he see some fella pissed out of his head walking down the road with a blue whippet pup. Tripped over the lead and booted the dog up the Arse. I wish I'd been there cause o would of laid him clean out and took the dog. I might even have s little drive down there tonight. There's plenty of idiots about?

• Like 2

Same thing happened to me years ago, the old lurcher grabbed a young woody

in a park, then ive got some idiot telling me that, me and my dogs are cruel I started to

walk towards him to explain what had happened and he took off like rabbit, lol

efin idiot.

Edited by swg dave

Dogs don't need to be on a lead on a public footpath mate. Just under control. Grabbing an injured pigeon is hardly "out of control".

No way anything will come of this. If plod happen to get in touch just be honest. Shit happens.

If she puts it on Facebook just put a thread up say if you have seen this woman be careful as she was dogging on a park bench till you shouted you dirty bitch at her.see if she like shot posted about her mate atb.

• Like 4

Had similar but with squirrels dozy unwashed hippie type started shouting at me then phones police. I told her if i get any trouble i'll be back with some Soap & give her a fukn wash ... She just stood there looking all puzzled !! Dirty bitch. Dont worry about it bud. Atb

• Like 1

you should have smashed her feckin phone :censored: , i get few people clock me with my dogs, being nosey prats. the last couple were watching my 2 chasing tree rats, this couple gave me daggers real bad look , i got the dogs back , i let Bryn loose but held Buck walked to them holding Buck collar, well he big bugger and he was looking right at them, they shit there selves , and moved off very quick :D feck'um :yes:

• Like 3

My pup grabbed a duck in mid flight right in front of a keeper.what a catch...he was very shocked when it was brought to me unharmed and lived to tell the tail...even if it was killed..what they gonna do feck all.

• Like 1

Don't worry pal-few yrs ago I was on a day trip with the wife and little uns to a community farm thing and on the way there came across a load of cars that had stopped in the lane for a dirty big seagull that was in the middle of the road half run over squawking like f**k,I jumped out and walked up asked what's the problem?some rat was on her phone ring for a vet lol,I walked past her and picked it up-I then humanely put it out off its misery with a fence post and threw it over the hedge-walked back to the car got in and started beeping my horn"nothing to see here" they soon moved off-couldn't give a rats arse what others think let them have their rant.personally if it was me I'd of taken her phone off her deleted the pic and then placed it far enough to make my getaway lol .don't lose no sleep over it mate,surely she's in the wrong taking your picture and slandering you on the Web in the eyes of the law?atb dc