Bbq Rabbits

Got a few rabbits that need sorting... so there going on the BBQ this evening for a few friends that are nipping round.

Ive done it before before but find they always end up a bit tough due to the heat of the coals being very high. Find for me, but I know Ill get some comments from the others.

Any suggestions for doing the conies on the barbeh?

Nice one.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You will if you try this.............. parboil the rabbit for 25 mins or so strip the meat off the bones, then add two tablespoons of olive oil and 3 chopped garlic cloves and brown the rabbit meat i

I sometimes tandoori them and put them on skewers with mushrooms and peppers.

I like that spray idea Si, nice one I'm going to fill mine with cider now and spray the pork ribs.   I've just lit my barbecue This little tin can will do the job until I get the fire pit b

Posted Images

Got a few rabbits that need sorting... so there going on the BBQ this evening for a few friends that are nipping round.

Ive done it before before but find they always end up a bit tough due to the heat of the coals being very high. Find for me, but I know Ill get some comments from the others.

Any suggestions for doing the conies on the barbeh?

Nice one.

I like them wrapped in bacon and barbecued. It does seem to keep them more tender.

• Like 1

Looks good! Having a BBQ now too but unfortunately no rabbits for it. Enjoy!

Cheers Tom.

No rabbits here either - It's a shame because the missus said she'd like to try it barbecued.

...... there'll be more opportunity for us mate - It looks like this is going to be a good summer :thumbs:

• Like 1

How'd the bbq go then rez,any complaints about tough dry rabbit meat or did you crack it?

Each alright man. Rabbit was ok, just lathered it with some marinade stuff the mrs had, and nandos chill sauce. I found best was to keep it around the edge of the rim of the grill bit, so it didn't get super hot like in the middle. Just kept um on that edge until done.

Tasted super. Arse might disagree :D

Looks good! Having a BBQ now too but unfortunately no rabbits for it. Enjoy!

Cheers Tom.

No rabbits here either - It's a shame because the missus said she'd like to try it barbecued.

...... there'll be more opportunity for us mate - It looks like this is going to be a good summer :thumbs:

Same here - fishing time until harvest then rabbits galore!

How'd the bbq go then rez,any complaints about tough dry rabbit meat or did you crack it?

Each alright man. Rabbit was ok, just lathered it with some marinade stuff the mrs had, and nandos chill sauce. I found best was to keep it around the edge of the rim of the grill bit, so it didn't get super hot like in the middle. Just kept um on that edge until done.

Tasted super. Arse might disagree :D

After i read this I googled it and one suggestion was push the coals to one side and place the rabbit over the other side so not directly over the heat,the smaller cuts furthest away as they cook quicker,sounds as though you worked this out though,must try bbq ing rabbit as I never have and I like my rabbit!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I marinade mine then put them in the oven on a low heat for a hour let them cool down and then bbq them when your ready. Cooking them on high heat results in rabbit flavour chewing gum lol

I marinade mine then put them in the oven on a low heat for a hour let them cool down and then bbq them when your ready. Cooking them on high heat results in rabbit flavour chewing gum lol

Ha. Indeed.

The pooch in ya avatar looks like the devil lucifer himself. Jesus. Beast.