Older Age Springers.

WOW! I'm having one of those! I heard this Mauser K98 copy is being built on the Diana 46 underlever. That was a great rifle, so this K98 copy will not be a poor do for hunting.

Any ideas on price anyone?

And I wouldn't trade my 18 year old HW80 .22 for anything made today either!

Woodfield GCP offering them at £310

https://woodfield-gcp.co.uk/?product=diana-mauser-k98-air-rifle

• Like 2

I have not to long re joined the Air Rifle Community and have a BSA Scorpion SE .177 and a Ultra SE .22 both work and do their job and more to the point All Mine, if Crap then My Crap. Hindsight is as we all know after the fact, but not always a good thing. Every Air Rifle I shot in the 1960s - 70s and up to the early 1980s for me was a joy and The Dogs Gonads. Just wonder if there is too much of a good thing Now Days?

All the best

Renos

There's no crap there Renos. 2 quality rifles and a nice set up covering both calibres :good:

I've had a few rifles now while trying to decide what I want. I concluded that some of the supposedly top of the range, exotic, electronic rifles are an over engineered expensive pain in the arse. Give me an accurate, simple, mechanical type experience any day.

• Like 2

350 beans chaps. Weighs 9lbs. Made by Diana. Aint gonna be no SMK build.

There's a review of the Diana Mauser replica in the July issue of Airgun World. Overall positive. The reviewer says he was hitting a 40mm kill zone freestanding at 20 yards consistently, and plinking tin cans at 55 yards, all freestanding with open sights...

350 beans chaps. Weighs 9lbs. Made by Diana. Aint gonna be no SMK build.

There's a review of the Diana Mauser replica in the July issue of Airgun World. Overall positive. The reviewer says he was hitting a 40mm kill zone freestanding at 20 yards consistently, and plinking tin cans at 55 yards, all freestanding with open sights...

You'll find that an air gun's accuracy with Airgun World depends almost entirely on how much the maker's advertising budget is. Obviously Diana are in the lower end of advertising revenue. ;)

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 3

You'll find that an air gun's accuracy with Airgun World depends almost entirely on how much the maker's advertising budget is. Obviously Diana are in the lower end of advertising revenue. ;)

Ooh, cynical... :D

Note that I said "The reviewer says..." :whistling:

Ooh, cynical... :D

Note that I said "The reviewer says..." :whistling:

40mm / 4cm groups at 20 yds? Who was the reviewer - Stevie Wonder? :laugh:

• Like 1

Id get on the pests with an 1988 Lazaglide Venom HW80.

And I wouldn't give a shit about the calibre :D

Do it mark.

In all honestly, this Diana rep of a K98 has really caught my eye. Massive fan of Band of Brothers, world war 2 games etc growing up. Imagine going out with a German Mauser :D

160222143311002-2.jpg

I know its not 'old' but its new old. So to speak.

Now that looks smart,want one!!!Ive got one thats .410 shotgun and 5 de acted but I'd REALLY love to shoot one full bore!

I missed my first, standing, shot. So I leaned on a round bale feeder and got it at about 30 yards, which is the zero range for this setup.

HW35%20002_zpsnfxxrs1b.jpg

Weihrauch HW35 1983.
Hawke Endurance 3-10 x 44, home made muzzle weight, RWS Super Field .22. 30 yards appx
If I ever sell my guns, I will keep this one back. It is my favourite. A plain Jane in comparison to a Pro Sport but nicely functional.
  • Like 4