Lurcher Stud Whats About

Thinking of breeding off my bitch no time soon probs more towards end of next season...

so im looking for a stud dont really mind whats in the make up of the stud aslong as its a genuine lamp dog upto 24tts bitch is roughly 5/8 whippet 1/4 greyhound 1/8 collie or there abouts stands 22tts . il travel pretty much anywhere in uk if a genuine dog can found an pay what is asked like i say im in no rush just putting the feelers out... atb peng

well doesnt lack in much perhaps if anything height maybe but thats why i asked something about 24tts in the hope of creeping an inch or 2... i know of a decent beddyx grey thats an option but would be a risk because i dont know how its offspring turn out so maybe lookin something of a proven producer of workers

If you are happy with the bitch,maybe look at using a similar bred dog ,maybe a 1/2 brother or cousin etc or even the father, probably a better chance of replicating what you have.

Adding totally different breeding can throw all sorts up and may not get what you want.

I used a Saluki x over my bull x bitch

And although good lurchers I didn't get what the mother had

• Like 3

Just because the sire is bigger than the dam doesn't mean the pups will be how big are the bitches in the sires family would have to be taken into consideration unless the sire comes from a much larger cross and then the pups could still take dams size genetics are funny things

PM monkey off here, his dogs up for stud and I've seen it work its quality.

Thanks for that mate ??
no problem pal, your dog made mine look stupid lol. Pleased to say mines come on in leaps and bounds since then now he's matured a bit. My young bitch is gonna be something special I reckon, I entered her end of season and was really impressed, can't wait for next season. I have some new permission up North Yorkshire, a lot of land and plenty of game, I'll take you out this time we'll have a night up there if you want when the dark nights start.
  • Like 1

PM monkey off here, his dogs up for stud and I've seen it work its quality.

Thanks for that mate ??
no problem pal, your dog made mine look stupid lol. Pleased to say mines come on in leaps and bounds since then now he's matured a bit. My young bitch is gonna be something special I reckon, I entered her end of season and was really impressed, can't wait for next season. I have some new permission up North Yorkshire, a lot of land and plenty of game, I'll take you out this time we'll have a night up there if you want when the dark nights start.

Yours was only a pup and just starting the game ? Ok mate just let me know when the time comes ??

• Like 1

an half brother is an option same sire... sire produced a few litters was a whippet grey called coal from stoke which is now dead dont know if anyone heard of it...

cheers for the replies hiws ur dog bred monkey

Edited by peng

If a dog has a few other breeds in the mix then who knows what you will get father Black and Tan 21tts his son is the other dog 22tts, like I said few breeds in the mix will throw anyway

post-70168-0-80496400-1464878983_thumb.jpeg