Bloody Pigeons.

We get a fair few pigeons round our way because, it turns out, the local busy body/curtain twitcher a few doors away, is feeding them.

They seem to crap everywhere, except in her garden.

Having finally had enough of pigeon shit on my clean washing, the car, the patio and everywhere else. I tried a couple of things to stop them......

The plastic eagle didn't work, neither did the wavy bits of plastic on bamboo canes, neither did the netting.

So, my last resort - I tried to scare them off with some bread ;) I put it down in the part garden that isnt overlooked and, using the only telescope type viewing equipment that I have, I kept an eye on the area from the kitchen worktop, 26yrds away.

Within minutes, this little shit-bomber landed. He took a .177 JSB Heavy just behind the left eye. The pic is the exit wound. The pellet passed straight through and hit my sleepers. He fell flat on his face without so much as a twitch :)

It's the best pigeon I ever tasted :D

post-102688-0-22695700-1461043689_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jonjon79
  • Like 6

Nice one pal. Bloody lovely flavour too, it's my favourite game meat.

You did it the correct way but just be careful of said "curtain twitcher" as she could still complain and cause you an unnecessary visit from the powers that be pal.

• Like 2

You did it the correct way but just be careful of said "curtain twitcher" as she could still complain and cause you an unnecessary visit from the powers that be pal.

I know mate. She's the sort that tries to have her nose in everyones business.

This was shot in a corner where there's a 6ft fence and a big metal shed ;) She'd need to be right overhead to see it.

I know mate. She's the sort that tries to have her nose in everyones business.

This was shot in a corner where there's a 6ft fence and a big metal shed ;) She'd need to be right overhead to see it.

well done pal, keep up the good work.

keep up the good work jonjon!

i live on a tree lined street and there a fu@king nightmare, everyone fights for the sh!t free car spaces :censored:

can't touch them, they parade round the front garden laughing!!

they don't laugh when they land in the back :whistling:

atb si