Far And Near

Closest 2 min drive. Furthest 6 hr drive!!

That is one hell of a drive , is it good though ?

I get there a few times a year but tie it in when I'm working down there. It's only rats but plentiful and beats being stuck in the digs.

Good? It's ok. But I wouldn't be driving all that way just to shoot rats. I've plenty of that 5 minutes away.

My closest I walk out the front door and I'm there, the furthest I have to travel is a 20min ride in the truck :) It means I can be anywhere on the spur of the moment if the mood takes me. I've got about 900 acres to shoot over, which I know isn't much compared to some on here, but it's an area I can keep on top of with out over stretching my abilities (I hunt and shoot to wind down so I like not being under pressure trying to keep too many people happy) ;)

To be honest driving a distance for good ground is normal. Most of my decent permission is a good half hour away.

As good ground round and about is taken or spoiled by dickheads you have to look further afield. My mates just landed a load of good permission which is a 2 hr drive away. Rabbits. Pigeon and deer.

The funny thing is he got it because he asked!! Unlike the idiots that just rock up and poach.

Factory units 10 to 15 minutes , old perm 10 minutes, 6500 acres 15 to 20 minutes depending on traffic

6500 acres is three farms all next to each other so when we come to the bound-re of one we just climb the fence and we are in the next perm lol 2to3 seconds

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: