Boxing At The Weekend...

13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Do you know the date of them pictures then ? besides which,if you can tell a fighters actual level of fitness from a photograph you must really know your shit !....i have no idea how long he's been in camp but i say again,the fact he is still hard sparring 2 weeks out tells me he hasnt put the early work in and is playing catch up.....he isnt the first and wont be the last but having ducked this fight 3 times already last year nobody could be faulted for thinking Fury has simply been aging Usyk out.....lets face it even his own trainer said he had lied about being in training camp last year i guess its something people will believe whatever they want.....but the fact is this is the 4th time Fury has pulled the plug on this fight.

they pics he’s recently posting aint they i can tell he has put effort in by looking at him he can go 12 fat of the couch fit or not been in saudi since 1st a jan 

that arab who is sorting it has cameras in both camps said it was a cut nothing can be done about it 

it’s the fastest undisputed fight i’ve known happen ? 

look paq mayweather 

or how long it took lewis 

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I think Azeez went into sparring mentality.....when you've sparred someone as much as them two lads have sparred each other its hard to get out of the pattern that your spars take.....its a good competitive division some good fights to be made there.

Good call mate, I just don't think.Azeez was busy enough, he was in range but not throwing as much as I expected, Buatsi controlled the majority of the fight, both seem decent lads though...

Probably the best division at the moment, loads of good fights to be made...what do you make of Whitaker? I know its early days, but the lad he fought on Saturday has been around a while, and been in with a few good fighters, he made it look easy in only his 6th fight...

15 hours ago, mC HULL said:

they pics he’s recently posting aint they i can tell he has put effort in by looking at him he can go 12 fat of the couch fit or not been in saudi since 1st a jan 

that arab who is sorting it has cameras in both camps said it was a cut nothing can be done about it 

it’s the fastest undisputed fight i’ve known happen ? 

look paq mayweather 

or how long it took lewis 

Just because they was posted recently doesnt mean they was taken recently.......again lads like you will just believe whatever you like.

" Putting effort in " to be a sensible weight isnt the same thing as being supremely fit,to say you can see he is supremely fit from a photograph is just silly talk.

Nobody is saying it isnt a real cut but again,when a man pulls out of a fight for a 4th time,only the most naive and gullible die hard fanboy wouldnt raise an eyebrow in suspicion !

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Just because they was posted recently doesnt mean they was taken recently.......again lads like you will just believe whatever you like.

" Putting effort in " to be a sensible weight isnt the same thing as being supremely fit,to say you can see he is supremely fit from a photograph is just silly talk.

Nobody is saying it isnt a real cut but again,when a man pulls out of a fight for a 4th time,only the most naive and gullible die hard fanboy wouldnt raise an eyebrow in suspicion !

when have you seen him in that shape for it to be an old photo ? 

he’s always fit aint he apart from the ngganou fight he’s in better shape now then for years so i’d say he was fit wouldn’t you? 

4th time am i missing something ? 

15 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Good call mate, I just don't think.Azeez was busy enough, he was in range but not throwing as much as I expected, Buatsi controlled the majority of the fight, both seem decent lads though...

Probably the best division at the moment, loads of good fights to be made...what do you make of Whitaker? I know its early days, but the lad he fought on Saturday has been around a while, and been in with a few good fighters, he made it look easy in only his 6th fight...

It was a shame really Azeez is a better fighter than he showed the other night he just had too much respect for Buatsi which again,is a downside of fighting a former sparring partner.

Regards Whittaker...not my cuppa tea mate,looks to have good ability and reactions,big for the weight etc......but the way they compare him to Naz i dont buy it......Naz was really clever with those mad movements whereas this lad just seems to be trying to look " cool ".....as he go's up in class of opponent i can see him walking onto something big....talented lad for sure but the showboating all just seems a bit forced to me,as in public appeal.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

he’s always fit aint he apart from the ngganou fight he’s in better shape now then for years so i’d say he was fit wouldn’t you? 

You are calling it " shape " and its not shape its weight....he is at a low weight you have no idea how fit he is in that picture.......and no i dont live with him how would i know when he has been at that weight before !

Yes 4th time.....he ducked the Saudi skills challenge offer in Feb.....then Wembley in April....then when it was signed for December.....he is aging Usyk out its not rocket science.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

It was a shame really Azeez is a better fighter than he showed the other night he just had too much respect for Buatsi which again,is a downside of fighting a former sparring partner.

Regards Whittaker...not my cuppa tea mate,looks to have good ability and reactions,big for the weight etc......but the way they compare him to Naz i dont buy it......Naz was really clever with those mad movements whereas this lad just seems to be trying to look " cool ".....as he go's up in class of opponent i can see him walking onto something big....talented lad for sure but the showboating all just seems a bit forced to me,as in public appeal.

naz was always getting caught doing it  and dropped pulling  back when he was at it wasn’t he just had that one shot thst could get him out a trouble 

but whittaker seems to have good power aswell

8 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Yeah the showboating takes away from his talent rather than adds to it imo... you can see why he'll get compared to Naz, he could have real crowd appeal.though and attract non boxing fans to either love him or hate him (Eubank, Naz like)...but is still got real core boxing ability, I agree it is for public appeal, and him jumping behind the mic even further pushes that agenda... but .. I'd much rather that then the shit you tube fighters, or Tommy Fury with little to zero talent and only public appeal....

Time will tell if he can step up, my guess is there will be less showboating once he's up with the top lads in the division, he won't be able to avoid those fights much longer, the attention will lead to him being fast tracked no doubt...

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

You are calling it " shape " and its not shape its weight....he is at a low weight you have no idea how fit he is in that picture.......and no i dont live with him how would i know when he has been at that weight before !

Yes 4th time.....he ducked the Saudi skills challenge offer in Feb.....then Wembley in April....then when it was signed for December.....he is aging Usyk out its not rocket science.

so he has got to that low weight in ten weeks how do you do that has he starved his self ? or has he been doing cardio work 

i don’t live with him but i watch his fights so i know he is light 

i thought usyk didn’t sign in feb it was never going to be in london when there’s saudi money 

23 december he didn’t want i know that and this time he’s cut can’t do nowt with that 

how many big fights get made this quick and who ? 

the be-all and end-all

22 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i would say it's better to be in good mental state than physical when it comes to fury, if physical condition was the be-all and end-all then surely Anthony Joshua would have beaten Usyk??

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

naz was always getting caught doing it  and dropped pulling  back when he was at it wasn’t he just had that one shot thst could get him out a trouble 

but whittaker seems to have good power aswell

I think had a fair bit more than "that one shot"... yeah he got floored a few times, more glancing blows and off balance type put downs... Naz, for me, was one of the best we've had, he generally backed up his brag, entertaing, always, played the part perfectly, you need those chatacters imo..beaten by Barrea in the end, and no shame in that, I think his heart was gone by then....

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

so he has got to that low weight in ten weeks how do you do that has he starved his self ? or has he been doing cardio work 

i don’t live with him but i watch his fights so i know he is light 

i thought usyk didn’t sign in feb it was never going to be in london when there’s saudi money 

23 december he didn’t want i know that and this time he’s cut can’t do nowt with that 

how many big fights get made this quick and who ? 

Don't know how true it is, but the media yap is he struggled with his sparring, maybe a bit got left in the ring with the Nganou fight, he certainly never expected to be put on his ass that's for sure... I think Paddy's point about his mental state is very valid as well, I've no doubt the cut is real, was an accident etc..but surely with only 2 weeks to his biggest fight you would be completely risk adverse and hard sparring would be off the agenda?

The bottom line is the heavyweights division is a racket, none of the top 4 or 5 have faced each other and made the fights, Chisora, Nganu, Whyte all wasted time for money... its not just Fury though, Joshua chasing the money in Saudi as well, they've got 3 or 4 fights each left imo, times running out on them...thank f**k! Lol

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

I think had a fair bit more than "that one shot"... yeah he got floored a few times, more glancing blows and off balance type put downs... Naz, for me, was one of the best we've had, he generally backed up his brag, entertaing, always, played the part perfectly, you need those chatacters imo..beaten by Barrea in the end, and no shame in that, I think his heart was gone by then....

i liked naz as a fighter but looked great against average and struggled the few times he fought quality opposition

1 minute ago, NEWKID said:

Don't know how true it is, but the media yap is he struggled with his sparring, maybe a bit got left in the ring with the Nganou fight, he certainly never expected to be put on his ass that's for sure... I think Paddy's point about his mental state is very valid as well, I've no doubt the cut is real, was an accident etc..but surely with only 2 weeks to his biggest fight you would be completely risk adverse and hard sparring would be off the agenda?

The bottom line is the heavyweights division is a racket, none of the top 4 or 5 have faced each other and made the fights, Chisora, Nganu, Whyte all wasted time for money... its not just Fury though, Joshua chasing the money in Saudi as well, they've got 3 or 4 fights each left imo, times running out on them...thank f**k! Lol

i recon all the media shit about getting dropped was just that mind games 

i thought most were sparring 2 week out ? gnash will be able to answer that 

3 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

i liked naz as a fighter but looked great against average and struggled the few times he fought quality opposition

I'm not sure of his record exactly, but he only lost the once and must've been in 20 or so championship fights... 35 plus fights?

He had a lot of hand trouble later on, which probably was a big factor into him finishing when he did... Im unsure how many times he was actually hurt, he was so unothodox it made him look more troubled than he was at times, and then as you say he would produce some ridiculous shot from a crazy angle and that was that..lol

You could say struggled, I reckon apart from Barrea he knew what he was doing!! Lol

• Like 2