Boxing At The Weekend...

Just now, gnasher16 said:

If you ask any young fighter of the 90's who they would choose to manage them they would say Frank Warren,if you asked any young fighter today they'll say Eddie Hearn and thats because of not only the fairness of the purses they end up with but the exposure they get,the facilities available to them.....back in the 80's only the very elite fighters didnt have to work a day job which for some of us who went in that direction that came as paid sparring partners which again today are a rarity.... Frank Brunos sparring partners for the Witherspoon fight in 86 were on a grand a week for the 6 week camp which was good wedge for the time....Gary Mason,God rest his soul didnt clear that much in the entire year which was i think 8 or 9 fights....i know this as its something we would laugh about in later years.....Lloyd Honeyghan won an undisputed belt and defended it 3 or 4 times but never made real life changing money......the cartel did but he didnt......world champions like Dennis Andries ended up as a security guard !.....the power back then in London was in the hands of 4 or 5 men and thats where young fighters today possibly not even on a level of some fighters back in those days need to be grateful.

Interesting info. Across the pond, how Don King was never roughed up or shot by the dozens of guys he ripped off, including Ali and Tyson is a mystery to me.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The THL fight club

Just got back from my lads first fight.  Think I was more nervous than him!

f****n embarrassing the whole event !....now we're all going to have to listen to these mma divs saying their fighters can hang with pro boxers well played Fury you big melt ! And we're supposed

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, shaaark said:

😐?

Come on, fella, what have you done to Gooey?!

lol radge pot 

i’ve never said he’s the best to watch or the best to try and box like shaark but as a fighter he’s hard to beat and would a been for any heavyweight of any era mate

On 06/09/2023 at 17:45, mC HULL said:

fury is a far superior boxer to usyk 

On 06/09/2023 at 22:11, mC HULL said:

can box move or go at it and he has heart in abundance 

18 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

lol radge pot 

i’ve never said he’s the best to watch or the best to try and box like shaark but as a fighter he’s hard to beat and would a been for any heavyweight of any era mate

Just a couple of snippets that you'e written the last couple of days, Gooey.

I've seriously lost count of the number of times that you've claimed fury to be the best Heavyweight of all time!! 😄 👍

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Just a couple of snippets that you'e written the last couple of days, Gooey.

I've seriously lost count of the number of times that you've claimed fury to be the best Heavyweight of all time!! 😄 👍

lol i’ve never once claimed him to be the greatest of all time but i have said he would hold his own and be hard for any heavyweight ever to beat 

8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

lol i’ve never once claimed him to be the greatest of all time but i have said he would hold his own and be hard for any heavyweight ever to beat 

Gooey, you've written it on this site, SEVERAL times, that you think tyson fury is the best Heavyweight of all time.

6 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Gooey, you've written it on this site, SEVERAL times, that you think tyson fury is the best Heavyweight of all time.

shouldn’t be hard for you to find we’re i wrote  that then will it lol

but he would be hard for any heavyweight to beat i’ve said that loads 

and he is a better boxer then usyk who struggled to outbox chisora ffs lol

• Haha 2
On 08/09/2023 at 19:00, mC HULL said:

Excluding Butterbean, he's the foat. Fattest of all time. Twenty odd stone now. Sir Henry fought at 13 and a half stone.

I think Fury over analyses/pities himself. I think lots of men have all the psychological symptoms he describes. Lots of us live on the edge. Up and down, dark thoughts, nightmares,difficulty sleeping or concentrating , fantasising briefly about  smashing your car into an oncoming vehicle. I think it's part of being male. Part of life taking its toll.You pick up mental,scars along life's journey. So what? Personally I don't think there's any point in navel gazing. You just get on with it.

Fury should pack in the stunts, the TV cameras, the coke and guiness  benders he has with his fucktard father and stop obsessing about his f****d up head. Might help if he fought genuine opponents on a regular basis as well.

No disrespect to people who are genuinely suffering and need help.I'm not underestimating mental illness at all.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 5
6 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Excluding Butterbean, he's the foat. Fattest of all time.

I might upset some people but I think Fury over analyses himself. I think lots of men have all the psychological symptoms he describes. Up and down, dark thoughts, nightmares, fantasise briefly about  smashing your car into an oncoming vehicle. I think it's part of being male. Part of life taking its toll. Personally I don't think there's any point in navel gazing. You just get on with it.

No disrespect to people who are genuinely suffering and need help.

part of life jukel we all go threw hard times i’ve had times we’re it’s took me a few year to get somewere near but your never fully right certain times of the year for a month or so your not right 

more hard to get to kip night terrors etc 

thankfully never were i’ve thought or tried taking my life 

like you say just part of life taking its toll ain’t it 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jukel123 said:

I might upset some people but I think Fury over analyses himself. I think lots of men have all the psychological symptoms he describes. Up and down, dark thoughts, nightmares, fantasise briefly about  smashing your car into an oncoming vehicle. I think it's part of being male. Part of life taking its toll. Personally I don't think there's any point in navel gazing. You just get on with it.

I think you're spot on mate - a lot goes through our heads but, we keep it down and crack on and keep providing :thumbs:

• Like 1
On 21/10/2021 at 17:25, mC HULL said:

a man weighing 14 stone with a descent shot will be able to sit any man on is arse though gnash 

you really think ali would beat fury mate i don’t 

@Bakerboy

There are lots more of the same stuff that Gooey has written like that on here.

And if, like most people on here do, you/we agree that Ali was the best Heavyweight of all time, that last paragraph proves what I said earlier.

And yes, I'm well aware that max thought the same as Gooey.  Lol 👍

3 minutes ago, shaaark said:

@Bakerboy

There are lots more of the same stuff that Gooey has written like that on here.

And if, like most people on here do, you/we agree that Ali was the best Heavyweight of all time, that last paragraph proves what I said earlier.

And yes, I'm well aware that max thought the same as Gooey.  Lol 👍

ali was great shaark and great to watch but he would struggle with fury he was. about 6/2 and not even 15 stone mate not a big hitter 

norton and frazier for instance had his number holmes lewis would have been there aswell