Do You Still Read A Paper........?

A couple of print newspapers have closed recently and circulation figures have been falling for years now. "New Day" launched recently, but circulation is below target, and it's already struggling. And yet, we have saturation news coverage - rolling news channels, websites and online editions ensure that the most mundane issues are dissected and examined in detail.

So........

Do you still read a printed newspaper ? Do you prefer 'serious' journalism, or are you a tabloid reader ?

Have you switched to online editions or do you get your news some other way ?

Does news print even have a future ?

I have not bought newspapers (local or national) for about 5 years and I very really bother with "the news".......I decided a while ago that it's just full of negative spew designed to make people react one way or the other depending on who the paper or TV channel is supporting that week.

I have to say, I was a lot happier when I stopped reading them.

• Like 4

I buy the Sun fairly regularly and sometimes read from the back pages to nearly the middle and then bin it...

Was religious on site to have a paper to read at break time and guess it's still habitual, many times I buy it now and don't read it..

Agree on books or papers though, they've got to be physical, never read a kindle or anything like that

A couple of print newspapers have closed recently and circulation figures have been falling for years now. "New Day" launched recently, but circulation is below target, and it's already struggling. And yet, we have saturation news coverage - rolling news channels, websites and online editions ensure that the most mundane issues are dissected and examined in detail.

So........

Do you still read a printed newspaper ? Do you prefer 'serious' journalism, or are you a tabloid reader ?

Have you switched to online editions or do you get your news some other way ?

Does news print even have a future ?

I have not bought newspapers (local or national) for about 5 years and I very really bother with "the news".......I decided a while ago that it's just full of negative spew designed to make people react one way or the other depending on who the paper or TV channel is supporting that week.

I have to say, I was a lot happier when I stopped reading them.

Beat me to it Wilf.

• Like 1

I don't buy them at all now.sick of reading about.film stars.and music super stars lol.fecking super stars load is shit.the twats are only singing songs.

Or and not to forget the lad who microwaved a hamster or throwed a cat from the high rise flats he's in there regular.