Kinked Tail

i know that if a dog is born with a kink in the tail it could be that the spine is fused and its a genetic fault, seen it in a certain bloodline of pedigree dogs and the vet said the dog should never jump and would be lucky to reach 2yrs old.. im not saying that this is the same thing but...

I recently got a pup that has a kink in its tail about 2\3 of the WY down. Was like this when I got it .will this effect the dogs ability in any way ?

back in the days when all hunting was ok I had a little whippet cross that I got from the local dogs home, and a harder runner I,ve never met she would go to ground, and I spent many afternoons digging her out, but her one big hate that I could never break was cats, she once knocked herself out on the car window because she saw one on the pavement, and one day she actually climbed a tree after one that had gone up to escape her, about 15 foot up she fell and landed on her ass which snapped her tail, from that day until she went on, her tail had a ninety degree bend in it about half way along, but she never moaned when it happened and it never changed her in any way, so I would not be to worried about it if it is broken,more worrying if it is a genetic fault through bad breeding as there could be others that are not so visible,
  • 1 month later...