Only The Good Die Young

My bull x expired in my arms in the vets yesterday. No idea why he had been fine, and only that morning had been around the lambing fields for a walk with the shotgun at first light. As a running dog he was far from what most people would want, but as a mugger of game and vermin he rarely let me down. He lies down deep in the back field, beneath where the roe deer lie up in the summer. Unreplaceable.

IMG_4946_zpsavpvjgyc.jpg

IMG_4579_zpsfa03fc06.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hey trenchfoot, sorry to hear. I know you can't replace him but, if you want another bull x to bring on. There is a pup here for you if u can get a currier or drive over by next weekend. no charge.

Aye that long walk, lonely walk back up the hill with nothing but a shovel and an empty collar never is easy, no matter how many times we have had to do it.

You can ask no more of your faithful warrior mate,he gave his all for you,infact he gave the ultimate sacrifice ultimately..an honest hard grafting jukel ain't as common as some would make out..my hat

Heartbreaking mate we all go through it but it never gets easier, so sorry

Aye that long walk, lonely walk back up the hill with nothing but a shovel and an empty collar never is easy, no matter how many times we have had to do it.

• Like 7

hey trenchfoot, sorry to hear. I know you can't replace him but, if you want another bull x to bring on. There is a pup here for you if u can get a currier or drive over by next weekend. no charge. A.t.b brenner... And sorry for your. Loss

Cheers fella, I must admit that litter of yours are very tempting. And a fantastic offer :notworthy: But right now I am not rushing to replace him. I've a 20 month old pup here as well as a 7 year old so want to leave it a couple of years before I get another. Barring any more loses obviously.

• Like 2

hey trenchfoot, sorry to hear. I know you can't replace him but, if you want another bull x to bring on. There is a pup here for you if u can get a currier or drive over by next weekend. no charge. A.t.b brenner... And sorry for your. Loss
Hat off to your brenner.
  • Like 2

That's shit news mate. He was a very nice looking animal.

Have you any ideas why he went.? Did he take a big knock etc.

He took abit of a pasting a couple of months ago. But the last 4 weeks has been flying. No idea as to what caused it. just groaned got out of his bed and collaspsed. I kept him going in the back of the truck, but he expired as I carried him into the consulting room. Just one of them shit things

• Like 1

Gutted for you pal :no:

He was a real impressive looking beast I always admired his pics when you put them up.

Gone but not forgotten, RIP big lad.

That's a cracking offer too brenner, hats off to you a true gent :thumbs:

• Like 2

Cheers fella, I must admit that litter of yours are very tempting. And a fantastic offer :notworthy: But right now I am not rushing to replace him. I've a 20 month old pup here as well as a 7 year old so want to leave it a couple of years before I get another. Barring any more loses obviously.
understood.. And in highendsight I should have sent pm. Don't want to take the focus of the point of your thread a.t.b and condolences again
  • Like 1