Just Started Pup Trotting Next To The Bike..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha, interesting topic for me, as I've been riding with whippets, lurchers, staghounds since the late 80's. Even used to skateboard with 2 of them at once, that was fun, lol. Definitely got scabbed

Haha good luck. Let me know when you take your first tumble. Lol

You've got them dogs pulling you along you lazy slug ... They ain't fukcing huskies lol .........

Hard to beat a bit of biking, don't over do it too soon...I always keep the lead in my hand, I used to put it on my wrist but they seen a cat and I ended up in the hedge in a pile!

I found it easier with a slightly longer lead too, keeps them out a bit and gives you time to brake up if you need to

Great stuff just got back from a quick five milers not ta bike, one can get the double dog walkers clip on bike lots safer when riding about and tree rats etc pop out .keep at it great fitness love the big twenty milers on a red hot day . Atb bunnys.

• Like 1

Hard to beat a bit of biking, don't over do it too soon...I always keep the lead in my hand, I used to put it on my wrist but they seen a cat and I ended up in the hedge in a pile!

I found it easier with a slightly longer lead too, keeps them out a bit and gives you time to brake up if you need to

true with longer lead, had Buck out last year with the bike , a rabbit run across the lane, pulled me into the edge, i tried to hold him back and brake, but no good he was to strong. i not sure if the main road be better,as i wouldnt see any rabbits or tree rats , as i do see the odd one or two in the lanes .

true with longer lead, had Buck out last year with the bike , a rabbit run across the lane, pulled me into the edge, i tried to hold him back and brake, but no good he was to strong. i not sure if the main road be better,as i wouldnt see any rabbits or tree rats , as i do see the odd one or two in the lanes .

keep the odds in your favour a quiet country road better for you ray. with the main road you are increasing your chances of getting hit by a car traveling at a good speed. as you know you can and do see wildlife on busy main roads.

Best way to cycle the dogs is old railway lines or dedicated cycle paths. Can have the dogs off lead and let them do their thing.

I've done the odd short ride on the roads and lanes but I wouldn't fancy trying to do 10 mile plus like that. Accident waiting to happen I think.

Fair play tb you've done a good job with that pup. I try to jog my dogs 2-4 days a week I use a long bit of canal near me it's handy if they get abit hot quick rest in the water n there ready to roll again wouldn't fancy jogging my lot on a road n they see a cat lol.

Or they deside they wanna shit lol...yes loads of places to jog em round here safely..AL have her tip top in a few months..got a little boat here me and my lad mess about on in summer so when it warms up she be behind the boat rather than a bike lol..plenty of mooching in between..

keep the odds in your favour a quiet country road better for you ray. with the main road you are increasing your chances of getting hit by a car traveling at a good speed. as you know you can and do see wildlife on busy main roads.

:thumbs: true P1010092_zps6f6c74e6.jpg

• Like 1