Birds "please Add Yours"

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some great photos already.   These are some of my favorites I have taken                 Grey Wagtail   Kestrel

Had a bit of luck today. SD.

Short eared owl       Great spotted woodpecker     Nuthatch    

Posted Images

The local park where the dog gets his morning run has seen a recent abundance of young magpies. Policy of the council is to only cut the grass adjacent to the footpaths and leave the rest to grow and naturally reseed. I've noticed some of the birds 'roost' in the long grass, not a good idea given the amount of urban foxes in the area.

Came across a young magpie a few weeks back which had probably had an encounter with a fox, wouldn't have thought it would have left without it's breakfast though.

post-84277-0-21882700-1467601511_thumb.jpg

Out early walking my dogs and had a real treat, I got a brief glimpse last week but my first Owl photo since 8th May and that was a SEO so very please to see a barn owl. It took its first catch and appeared a few minutes later so I assume its feeding chicks. Caught a second shortly after but did not appear again.

27463175083_5f056fce6e_c.jpg

27796774840_8e194b44d1_c.jpg

• Like 9

Out early walking my dogs and had a real treat, I got a brief glimpse last week but my first Owl photo since 8th May and that was a SEO so very please to see a barn owl. It took its first catch and appeared a few minutes later so I assume its feeding chicks. Caught a second shortly after but did not appear again.

Bloody hell, you do get some good shots, It must take some time. :thumbs:

TC

Barn Owl fly past by Martin Billard, on Flickr

Barn Owl with prey by Martin Billard, on Flickr

Bloody hell, you do get some good shots, It must take some time. :thumbs:

TC

Thanks. I always have a camera with me. A hour or so on dog walks the odd lunch break. I also travel round a fair bit for work so pop into good spots for a quick visit if the sun is out.