Isle Of Raasay

Anybody ever been? I've just got back from a weeks holiday there and I've loved every minute of it! So did the dogs lol unfortunately I didn't get out fishing and walking as much as I'd liked because I did my back in trying to carry the boat back up the beach on the second day! But who cares when I was watching a family of otters and sea eagles out of the kitchen window ;) I recommend it highly!

• Like 2

Put it this way joe, I've been looking for houses ;) you'd love it mate, and believe it or not there isn't a sheep dog on the island? Plenty of sheep tho so I'm sure you could make a few quid lol I can't seem to get any pics up for some reason but believe me mate, I could live there ;)

Somewhere along "Callum's road" would do me

Never heard of the place but just looked on Google and it looks absolutely superb......ive always wanted to see a Golden Eagle in the wild and im told these little Scottish Isles are the place your most likely to see one in the Uk......might get myself up there in the near future.....good post air gun ant try and get some pics up if you can :thumbs:

Edited by gnasher16

It is a stunning island I used to work in the woods there.

I know a guy who shot a red stag there and when he got up to gralloch it found it had a tag in its ear. He checked with locals on Raasay , Rona and and Skye to see who had tagged it and he and found out eventually that it had been tagged as a calf on Rum as part of the red deer research and had swam off Rum onto Skye and then over onto Raasay. Look at a map that is an amazing journey for a stag.

• Like 1