Starting A Line Of Lurchers

Some trip fella..

They obviously weren't mine but I'd of give you the pup for nowt for your efforts to get it..

Makes you laugh on here when you read "shame your so far" when considering the distance, including cost you encured.

Your keen ..

Best of luck for rest of the season.

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no its greyhound kelpie,cost me a fukin fortune lol.had to drive 3 hrs to the ferry,get on the ship,travel to wales,get to the town of the breeder,stay for a bit,pay 250 sterling for her,drive back an

for get about breeds jest get a pup form the best dam and sire you have seen work have very very hi standuds look at dozens of dogs if you can evan more. when you are happy with a sire and dam i would

id be looking for "good temperament" in what i bred aswel as well as working ability, i cant stand nuisance dogs and nutters, no matter how well there bred, you could give me the best working dog in t

I think unless you do loads and can keep a couple or have plenty of honest friends to keep pups ,and see them work, its hard to keep a line going.

If you can only keep 1 pup per mating and that don't make it ,and you have sold / culled /given away pups and can't get any back that could be the end of the line .

So give away on terms ,that you can use in future to honest lads ....that's the hard bit though.

Also start with stock that are the best you can get to start with.As you can't put in what ain't there to start with.

Wise words roybo, I think lots of people would love their own line (including me) but for the above mentioned reasons I would not even consider it. Good luck to those who have the time, money, energy, trusted friends and quarry to successfully keep their own line, I am jealous!
  • Like 1