The Snip!

My young hob 12 months old has been trying to mate with the three Jill's.so I had a talk with a vet earlier and he's booked in for the vasectomy Wednesday week.couldn't believe when she quoted me 50 euros.A real bargain.save on jill jabs and unwanted kits this summer and the next.

Kenny

Whats the reasons behind people choosing to have a vasectomy rather than castration with there hobs?

I've read you can use a a ferret that's had a vasectomy to bring a jill out of season, is this not possible with a castrated hob?

Also do people think the ferret looses it's hunting edge once castrated?

Sorry for all the questions I was wondering as new to ferret ownership.

Edited by PJWmids

If you castrate a ferret they take his nuts off and after a few months his hormone levels to mate Will be taken away mate so he's not got the urge to.mate so he's no use to the Jill's mate

Always have mine castrated , certainly does not effect their hunting ability , if any thing though it seams to make them even easier to handle which is great when they are at work.

The usual price is about the same as a cat as a general rule anyway.

I was told of a local vets that would do a castration for under £40, does it significantly reduce their smell when there castrated? As the hob I have stinks quite a bit lol

I've got 2 Hobs here. One castrated and one not. The castrated one smells, but probably because he sleeps curled up with the entire hob. The entire hob stinks a lot stronger.

If you castrate a ferret they take his nuts off and after a few months his hormone levels to mate Will be taken away mate so he's not got the urge to.mate so he's no use to the Jill's mate

Fecking predictive flexing on this pad when castrated his hormone levels to mate will be greatly reduced so he's no got the urge and is no use to Jill's