Season End,

Went out today, tried a couple of spots, nothing, thought, no chance, rabbits were a meddling to, came up the track, on my permission, vixen crossed, the Mungrel was on the other side, Fox would have been easy, it when on it travel, into a farm, left it. When another place, cover and holes, nothing, tried another friends place, no sign,dug the big main Fox dog never made a tap, a angry dog Fox and bolted another I never saw post-93038-0-38537800-1454448904_thumb.jpgpost-93038-0-38537800-1454448904_thumb.jpgpost-93038-0-38537800-1454448904_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Properly conducted terrier work has never in the last 200 years been in a better position than it is now... it has hard working dedicated federations with many individual WTC all over the U.K. & E

If it wasn't for Barrie Wade and his team we'd have no terrier work

Amen to that although i think his job is going to get harder every year , every so often some wanker makes a remark on face book page (maybe a anti) about how no one working there dogs right, and the

Posted Images

Maybe, seems not the same, last say two weeks with the changing,young out there,. The weather has been a fk up but today much later like evening it was cold properly, but today was sunny and bright, not to cold. Also dog hasn't been out a few weeks, more and may need it's rest now, I have another but maybe see if I getting some thing for it, because as you say the alot of it should be right for it, like the ground, except here it's well hunted

Its probably been my worst season in over 40yrs,weather has been shit and far too many shooters about,leaving them where they drop and not even bothering to remove the carcase,roll on next season with some proper cold weather to keep the public away from the wilds,cnuts have been traipsing all over my permissions then have the cheek to ask what I am doing,nice one page, Plucky

• Like 1

Its probably been my worst season in over 40yrs,weather has been shit and far too many shooters about,leaving them where they drop and not even bothering to remove the carcase,roll on next season with some proper cold weather to keep the public away from the wilds,cnuts have been traipsing all over my permissions then have the cheek to ask what I am doing,nice one page, Plucky

We leave the foxes where they lie when the keeper's out with us and the rifle till when we have time to go out and pick them up and that may be a day or more,no fecker should be walking out to pick up a shot fox in the dark on ground with partridges down as all your'll do is scatter them..Just saying why you may find a shot fox lyingg around :thumbs: ..

Edited by fireman

Fireman, its not keepered land mate,the farmers nephew and mates appeared last season or so and is out every night on 4 or 5 farms that their family owns, I have been on them for around 30yrs and never decimate either the rabbits or the vermin,always leave a few to breed until this tit turned up,he is a dangerous decker as well,shoots his hmr and 243 like its a pellet gun,leaves them in the fields to rot,cartridges everywhere,as I said a prize tit,Plucky

• Like 2

Thermal imaging should be banned. All the keepers up here have it and IMO its totally unfair and not sporting whatsoever. Spotting a fox in the dark and shooting it without it even knowing you're there requires no craft or guile and can be done by any numpty who owns a gun. Its really battered the fox population around me.

• Like 5