Muntjac South Wales

The Muntjac is a more than welcome addition to South Wales. It would be nice for the numbers to catch up with the likes of the South West..... :thumbs:

There's cracking forestry and mountains all over the place , Neath, Merthyr, Port Talbot, Measteg , they'd be a lovely addition but can't see it happening from their spread for many many years

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plenty of ground but will be dogged and shoot like mad in the valleys

That would be my concern. If we were to have any decent numbers in the future, they have to be given opportunity to breed. I think if they were assisted in their distribution for conservation purposes, that would be a start......

That would be my concern. If we were to have any decent numbers in the future, they have to be given opportunity to breed. I think if they were assisted in their distribution for conservation purposes, that would be a start......

It would be nice to see them about the place hywel.

why would an invasive pest need conservation?

why would an invasive pest need conservation?

Until they get to a number where they don't get completely wiped out. Same applies to rabbits, hares, other types of deer etc.....

Not south wales but i took my nephew to heathrow catch a flight,Hatton Cross tube station tons of traffic,and across the road daintily stepping on some grass was a muntie in broad daylight,urban munties are everywhere.

• Like 1