Young Dog

Mate''s just rang ta say he'said just dug the young dog I gifted him as pup he 17months old nice handy dig he says but when he broke through the dog and it's quarry just lying der head to head have any ye lads ever had this happen I'v never seen it myself personally.

• Like 1

Ive seen it before, the dog did it with green quarry that sat there, any quarry that was a handful pushed past the dog, but the dog didnt like the sharpend and was no use. I think zilverhaze said his dog would do it after bossing its quarry about.

Saw a man's dog one day die like that about two foot deep, I don't know what work this dog had done before it was about two years old or something, the other comrade to it was getting dug to, I don't know if it was straight or litter brother. The guy would be one to mock you or people but had his still in his camp. We went a burrow and he was saying that the was nothing in it, I said in my experience of it, it usually holds definitely. I could see his dog meddling and after a few attempts when in properly but wary, it went the short distance in this part of the earth and was on in a straight field, no biggy, but your man like to dig straight away always, he only had a folding spade this occasion as his spades were in the vehicle. It took only about 20,30 minutes and there was the dog lying dead, sort of neck wedged, but room and air there enough, and two young cubs sitting there a foot or so in front, ready to go, but popped back and then out in a jiffy, one at a time, should of let them go really.

• Like 2

Sounds like green dog, unsure what to do and hasn't fully started.

Sounds like a green terrier, green owner and maybe, just maybe green quarry.

With pups it's a ladder of confidence, one step at a time. If the pup was lifted in front of it's prize then that's a result and hopefully next time will be better and so on.

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments lads ye I told the chap that has the dog he probably still a bit green he a good a lad with the dogs there well looked after and we'll conditioned any pup is in safe hands all goin well the dog might kick on.

• Like 1

I know a genuine man I spoke with and at the start of the season they dug to a young good dog, had only a couple of digs the first season before, a hard dog, dug to him in a hour dead and the average game sitting there, he never knew what happened, dog weren't badly marked, plenty of room. I think you can get bad luck too. These men are digging and hunting over 45 years, proper men and lads. No bollix with these fellas

No Pablo not brown bread yet ha I told chap don't be hasty give the dog time not as if he walked out or anything that be different story. He just found it strange what happened I'v never seen it myself shur as I said how bad he dug the dog got his game and dog still fresh if he goes on to work like that so be it as long as he stays that's the main thing. I think some lads have it in there heads that everything should be in grips everytime they break through Neil was right the lad and the dog are still green lol.

I know a genuine man I spoke with and at the start of the season they dug to a young good dog, had only a couple of digs the first season before, a hard dog, dug to him in a hour dead and the average game sitting there, he never knew what happened, dog weren't badly marked, plenty of room. I think you can get bad luck too. These men are digging and hunting over 45 years, proper men and lads. No bollix with these fellas

Had a red dog years ago was very hard on himself.dug down to him stone dead not a mark on him plenty room and quarry sitting in front of him not a bother on him.i.said heart attack maybe

• Like 1