Kent Firearms Licensing And My Variation :-)

Well, it's been a month so I thought I'd give the Kent Firearms Licensing office a ring to see how my variation was doing! No answer just a message saying "no message can be left due to a full mailbox"! So....I sent an email.....which bounced back....."no emails will be answered until 24th of January" I rang again and now a message...."can't take calls, leave a message or email :whistling: I left a message and did get a call back. The response was "due to a special operation no SGC`s or FAC`s are being processed for two weeks!! Mine is done, but not signed off, so the person had no idea when I will recive my FAC with its variation. Funny, I thought I was paying for this service, and in fact the price has gone up! Can you imagine "you can't have your Driving Licence: Passport: Train Season Ticket: ect.....ect.....due to busy doing something else! :censored:

It's a joke. My shooting buddy rang sometime last year to request a land clearance visit on a new permission and was basically laughed at and said its not possible anytime soon due to how busy there are... But then when he requested an open ticket they told him no...

About time they sorted it out.. Double the price if they have to, but get the renewals and variations done quick time!

• Like 1

Wow, for someone that is looking to get FAC this year this is pretty off putting. Which I imagine is part of there plan!

Its so easy for the powers that be to restrict shooting, just say "we`er busy" for a few months! As there are so few of us, no one in the media or general public really cares. It's not always a hobby, this effect working shooters. I did intend to increase my ammunition allocation while they had my FAC but as the variation is almost done thought better of it incase I caused further delays.

• Like 1

My pet like would be to have a Train ticket type complaint / refund system for failure to provide an efficient service: :whistling:

So a New FAC to take a maximum of 12 weeks, 16 weeks and you get 1/2 the fee returned, 20 weeks and it's a full refund. As for a variation, 6 weeks maximum, 10 weeks 1/2 fee returned and 16 weeks full refund!

Then the licensing departments would have to pull their socks up and produce an efficient service! :yes:

Maybe a campaign / poll is needed to ask the BASC to make this a policy to fight for? :boogy:

• Like 1

£5 from every Council Tax paying household. So just Council Tax payers, no one else pays ant extra? :hmm: And all we get is 37 more armed police. :icon_eek: Just imagine the monetary shortfall if all officers were trained and all carried arms! :whistling: Still, this £5 won't help in the faster turnaround for FAC and SGC applications.

I'd like to know what these 37 extra Firearms Officers are going to do when the ISIS boys aren't actually in the Garden of England?

I'd say a lot of them would have suitable skills sets to help clear your backlog sir.

Edited by Brickhill
  • Like 1

......and he shoots rabbits with the .243. Complete tool

He'll soon stop that unless he's very rich. It's a very expensive rabbit tool and the laugh you get from exploding animals from the amazement of the power of a truly overkill calibre, lasts all of about 10 minutes. After that, the smile has gone as you get used to the power and it's watch the wallet drain time.

• Like 1