Making Logs Out Of Paper

I've got one of those little presses in the garage for making logs out of shredded paper. I saw a video where some old guy said they burn for 2 - 2 1/2 hours.

Anyone tried it and is it true? If it is, it might be worth the effort, if not, I'll give it a miss.

I've tried the compressed wood shaving version said to last 2.5 hours...all our wood waste from work gets collected recycled and made into them ... they wasn't very good to be honest and only lasted around 20 minutes

Edited by kanny

I use them to start the wood burner in kennels bit of derv on them and fire is away no faffing, if you have endless supply of shredded paper and time to soak for a week then press and let them dry out slowly with small coal in centre of bricks they are ok.

I've tried the compressed wood shaving version said to last 2.5 hours...all our wood waste from work gets collected recycled and made into them ... they wasn't very good to be honest and only lasted around 20 minutes

they are great if you put 4/5 on the fire in the morning if it's still smouldering from the night before or for lighting the fire couple of fire lighters some briquettes and coal / logs on top . To use them any other way is expensive ?
  • Like 1