2 Pups

neil cooney

Today, 04:28 PM

Nice pups Raymond. Foxes don't know or care how long a tail is.

That's some statement from the man reading from his posts has been in most foxing situations and should know why a terrier should have a good dock. But just in case he doesn't I'll try and explain. ( This is pre ban ) When the terrier is working away in a tight spot taking punishment at the end of the dig and the tail is the only thing available to draw the dog well if it's a stump it's going to take more punishment than it needs to.

Mr cooney you've really surprised me I thought you'd have known why a terrier should have a good length of dock. Hmmmm.

Read 5 Feet Down's post below for details.

That's a few times now you've tried to start an arguement with me. Think before you speak.

Keep the subject on Raymonds pups. Have to agree that they've great looking coats.

like them with a decent coat, grand for the winter and warmer weather I strip them out by hand to keep them cooler.

• Like 2

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Never pull a dog if it's in contact, tail, leg or coat, all you'll be doing is adding to any damage, hold and wait until they break then you can lift them. Granted it'll be a bastrd to lift with nothi

Something similar.

For the novice ......For those wondering why you never pull a dog out by its tail ,its to prevent back injuries through jarring the spinal chord .Always hold both legs and guide the dog round any obst

Posted Images

Never pull a dog if it's in contact, tail, leg or coat, all you'll be doing is adding to any damage, hold and wait until they break then you can lift them. Granted it'll be a bastrd to lift with nothing to hold onto but given a choice I hold "both" back legs rather than a tail.

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 18

This is pre ban ) When the terrier is working away in a tight spot taking punishment at the end of the dig and the tail is the only thing available to draw the dog well if it's a stump it's going to take more punishment than it needs to.

Come on ladies we are splitting hairs here if you read my post it say if the tail is the only thing available and it goes without saying your going to wait until either the terrier or fox looses it grip before drawing the terrier.

• Like 1

Mr cooney you've really surprised me I thought you'd have known why a terrier should have a good length of dock. Hmmmm.

That's a few times now you've tried to start an arguement with me. Think before you speak.

Keep the subject on Raymonds pups. Have to agree that they've great looking coats.

Mr cooney is the above statement aimed at me ?

neil cooney

Today, 04:28 PM

Nice pups Raymond. Foxes don't know or care how long a tail is.

That's some statement from the man reading from his posts has been in most foxing situations and should know why a terrier should have a good dock. But just in case he doesn't I'll try and explain. ( This is pre ban ) When the terrier is working away in a tight spot taking punishment at the end of the dig and the tail is the only thing available to draw the dog well if it's a stump it's going to take more punishment than it needs to.

Ive worked Beddys to ground for a decade or 3 now,hmmmmmmmm,as they have never,ever been docked and have never suffered because of it,should Beddys be now docked?,to meet the demands of the???.

Never pull a dog if it's in contact, tail, leg or coat, or you'll be doing is adding to any damage, hold and wait until they are not the intended recipient of this email address and telephone number is a bit of a new one of the most important thing is that the no Fox or rabbits there are a few days ago by the way to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way to get the best way, break then you can lift them. Granted it'll be a bastrd to lift with nothing to hold onto but given a choice I hold, and I will be able to get the "both" back legs rather than a tail.

always as that can be too sure, I wouldn't pull tight or hard like tools did. Today when I had to dig to this dog stuck, I could see it tail like a stump and felt both legs, one was stuck under, took me a while. I always do what Is right by the dog, don't know any tricks, but the plenty of dirt out there no it all
  • Like 2

Nice pups, how are those glens doing?

My glenn dog died recently he wasnt well for a while. Couldnt give them away. Sent a few of them out of the country to a couple of clever people. They seem to be doing well for them. The Irish lads didnt seem to be interested in them unfortunately. Good worker he was pitty he didnt get to breed a few more bitches and probably pass some of his positives on to a few more glenns

• Like 3

No, Santy Clause.

• Like 1

neil cooney

Today, 08:32 AM

No, Santy Clause.

That's ok then Judas.

My glenn dog died recently he wasnt well for a while. Couldnt give them away. Sent a few of them out of the country to a couple of clever people. They seem to be doing well for them. The Irish lads didnt seem to be interested in them unfortunately. Good worker he was pitty he didnt get to breed a few more bitches and probably pass some of his positives on to a few more glenns

sorry to hear that, a real pity!

I only noticed your topic on your old dog today..

best of luck with those two russells!

• Like 1

sorry to hear that, a real pity!

I only noticed your topic on your old dog today..

best of luck with those two russells!

yeah Im happy with them so far, little characters

For the novice ......For those wondering why you never pull a dog out by its tail ,its to prevent back injuries through jarring the spinal chord .Always hold both legs and guide the dog round any obstacles.Both legs ,never one and as Dilly says never in contact .If you have both legs dog cant go forward .

• Like 7