Cheap Food

f**k farmers, maybe if you'd stuck in at school instead of relying on your farming way of life coz it's 'tradition', then you could go and get a job that pays..... no sympathy for them, in the real word if something doesn't pay you cut your loses and move onto something else, I'm sure my defendants made bows and arrows but I'm not trying to earn a living by doing so..... to make money you need to diversify, or just rent me a shed with electric and ignore the smell ;)

Ha ha britains largest cannabis factory was discovered just down the road from my mates farm lol it fecking stunk! They had generators running 24/7 and extractors blowing it out in to the village!

But Farming isn't a job mate.

it's a way of life ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We buy our meat from the butcher that breeds and raises the pigs, his beef comes from a friend who breeds and raises his own cattle and the chickens from a third farmer who does the same, he only buys

You could always withdraw your support and not buy any of their products

fordson, can I ask what qualifies you to even be commenting on this thread? You've clearly never done a days farm work in your life! Have you ever actually met a farmer? This is a hunting site so I'd

f**k farmers, maybe if you'd stuck in at school instead of relying on your farming way of life coz it's 'tradition', then you could go and get a job that pays..... no sympathy for them, in the real word if something doesn't pay you cut your loses and move onto something else, I'm sure my defendants made bows and arrows but I'm not trying to earn a living by doing so..... to make money you need to diversify, or just rent me a shed with electric and ignore the smell ;)

You could always withdraw your support and not buy any of their products ;)

• Like 4

we shouldnt support farmers unless they agree to right of wandering about their land,..

So you wouldn't support the farmers who've already giving you permission ?

Lets just say a farmer with 200 or 300 acres told you he'd give you permission but no one else.

You're saying that you'd say to that farmer "No thanks unless everyone can go on ." ?

You can look up the subsidies paid to individual farmers using the search bar on this site http://farmsubsidy.openspending.org/

Are subsidies are just one facet of the 'funny money' economy ? I believe the average household food bill represented something like a third of household income after the war, much more than today. Land prices mean small farmers could make a lot of money by selling up, and can borrow money very cheaply against their land, but the income from actual farming (even with subsidies) isn't amazing.

thats an eye opener just checked a local farmer 500000 and they only have a small herd of cows, there also worth £250m from another business they own.
my mates obviously not a very good business man! Lol but he is the hardest working man I know! I think there are very few "gentleman farmers" these days.

(Except maybe walshie ;)

I aint criticising pal I dont know anything bout it to have an opinion

• Like 1

we shouldnt support farmers unless they agree to right of wandering about their land,..

Lets just say a farmer with 200 or 300 acres told you he'd give you permission but no one else.

You're saying that you'd say to that farmer "No thanks unless everyone can go on ." ?

ime in ireland mate..anybody with 300 acres is a planter ..no permission required..its him maybe needs the permission.

MESSRS M BINDLOSS & SON 818,971.40

That's the highest one I found for shap abbey? And that's in euros, and admittedly that's bloody good lump! But that's not what they got every year is it? There's some years they got nothing and others that were actually in the minus? (If I'm reading it correct) but regardless of that, it goes to show that they are an exception rather than a rule.

i is paid yearly,the reason it isnt shown some years is when they have objected, andnone of these figures include esa or grants recieved

in the real word if something doesn't pay you cut your loses and move onto something else

What about government subsidies paid to Landlords via housing benefit ? That £77 to £144 per week for 4.8 million claimants soon adds up: That subsidy has made housing ever more expensive.

Or how about tax credits and benefits paid to communities where the mine, mill or factory is long gone and there is very little work around? What are the implications of that ?

Government money can tackle problems, but also create new ones. Not always a straight answer to be found.

ime in ireland mate..anybody with 300 acres is a planter ..no permission required..its him maybe needs the permission.

I was watching a young bloke from Mayo on the telly last night who farms 100ha and he was having to go and get a job !!......he was just an ordinary Joe Soap.

I was watching a young bloke from Mayo on the telly last night who farms 100ha and he was having to go and get a job !!......he was just an ordinary Joe Soap.

ffs fred flintstone and barney rubble couldnt farm thon place with the boulders on it. :laugh:

• Like 1

You're joking right, LOL.

Answer my original question.

If you were told by the owner of a large farm that you could hunt it but no one else, would you tell that farmer NO ?

You're joking right, LOL.

Answer my original question.

If you were told by the owner of a large farm that you could hunt it but no one else, would you tell that farmer NO ?

sure i couldnt be a baliff for him.how would i know who else hunted it or give a fcuk who hunted it.

I would guess most big company owners are also landowners / farmers ,for financial reasons one of them no inheritance tax on land , no matter how much of it you got . the country is is run by the landed . yes the ones at the bottom will be squeezed by the ones at the top . but farming is the biggest self regulated operation their is . the mind boggles at some of the freebies the large land owners give themselves out of taxes lol but are quick enough to pull the rug when Joe pubic gets a sniff . the landed / farm owners run the country , make the rules and the 1st thing their money buys is the best education it can. Wealthy , hardworking and educated . you can't expect a farmer with 100 acre to be as wealthy as one with 5000 acre , its all relevant . who is the biggest land/farm owner in the country now ? Maybe not the queen anymore