Old Deerhound/greyhound Cross.

Remember when i started going hunting.lurchers wernt on every street corner but in the towns there would be one or a few about to go out with or lend,some had collie in or later years beddy. Good rabit,hare, and fox killer. Only saw a bit on deer.good animal

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ran deerhoundxgreyhound most of my life but it finding good ones now as they are dying out.

Mother, father and pup, all with deerhound in them     Some other old deerhound crossess     Disclaimer..photos were taken before the ban on hunting with dogs....long before the ban on hunti

Four first cross deerhound x greyhounds, not my favourite worker, but a good starting point..and as you can see, sometimes better looking than their owners..ha ha ha  

Posted Images

Very true in my opinion Pablo there slow growers but well worth the wait in the end it's my ones 1st season few hairy moments on the lamp to do with fences, but that's to be expected with any pup, she Loves a bit of ferreting to, but my whippet runs rings around her at that game lol

• Like 1

I bet the are , the not stupid. I saw some big handy half crosses. Some of the ones we saw work was crossed to a collie greyhound. But the other man fereting,etc, his other dog had collie/ grey in it. His blue deer/ghound nail a few fox [BANNED TEXT] he was just walkn, an good experienced area for foxey

This cross and the line breeding of them are the supreme coyote dogs of the planes states in the US. I use one for boar. Very fascinating dogs but in fairness, the stag (what we call them) is about the only working sight hound or long dog left working in the US that's not crossed up with other catch dogs like my finder holders

• Like 1

I remember around the eightees a few lurchers around with the deerhound in the mix or lurcher to lurcher cross. Saw a few half cross and as blackstreak said line bred. I saw a straight deerhound other year, the man used to take deer with his cross but this dog hadnt took one.it run a bit.

Brian Pether used to breed some very handy ones in the 80's ithink his daughter carried it on ?? My mate had a big brindle dog bout 28/29" tts. Never caught till he was bout 18months old but once it clicked he took every thing very good hare dog

• Like 2