Boiler Room Shots With The T Rex.177

Took the T Rex out late on this afternoon for a static hour on the old oak tree at one of the permissions today.

Wildlife activity was very slow and by 3-40 pm i was about to say " Ah well, blankety, blank" when a large black wing flap caught the corner of my eye.

A large corvid had landed to the back of the oak and had no idea i was there camo`d up in a hide.

I gave it a good 30 - 40 seconds to settle itself and gently cocked the T Rex holding in the bear trap so as to get just the one click, - got it without alert, second click to close the under lever is almost silent,- got it.

The corvid was happily preening itself, so it`s head was bobbing about constantly and was obscured behind branches but it`s side on view was perfect for a heart/ lung shot attempt.

The T Rex was on Primos sticks and rock steady, safety off, build my shot carefully and gently squeezed off my shot. Still looking through the Mamba scope, a loud instant "Thok" sounded out and the corvid just instantly crumpled and fell lifeless to the floor.

For boiler room shots i find the .177 cal outstanding and above all - "instant despatch" :yes:

atb

• Like 4

Photo should be with you in the morning

I posted it yesterday

OOOOOps sorry

just remembered you say,d not to say out

But me and vm are making a small fortune out of the photos we send you

Only a 5er a pop lads :thumbs:

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 2

Took the T Rex out late on this afternoon for a static hour on the old oak tree at one of the permissions today.

Wildlife activity was very slow and by 3-40 pm i was about to say " Ah well, blankety, blank" when a large black wing flap caught the corner of my eye.

A large corvid had landed to the back of the oak and had no idea i was there camo`d up in a hide.

I gave it a good 30 - 40 seconds to settle itself and gently cocked the T Rex holding in the bear trap so as to get just the one click, - got it without alert, second click to close the under lever is almost silent,- got it.

The corvid was happily preening itself, so it`s head was bobbing about constantly and was obscured behind branches but it`s side on view was perfect for a heart/ lung shot attempt.

The T Rex was on Primos sticks and rock steady, safety off, build my shot carefully and gently squeezed off my shot. Still looking through the Mamba scope, a loud instant "Thok" sounded out and the corvid just instantly crumpled and fell lifeless to the floor.

For boiler room shots i find the .177 cal outstanding and above all - "instant despatch" :yes:

atb

If it had been 22 you would of got a nice head shot

you no the

LOOP

And by the way if you could not see its head how did you no it was bobbing about

ONLY SAYING LIKE :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

:feck: :feck: :feck::air_kiss:

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Like 1

Me and the wife had 6 of them yesterday brilliant fun once you've grounded one and a magpie and 2 Grey's great afternoon out in the small wood, dont know about you mark but corvids are the most satisfying to shoot for us out witting the wittiest bird in the sky

Me and the wife had 6 of them yesterday brilliant fun once you've grounded one and a magpie and 2 Grey's great afternoon out in the small wood, dont know about you mark but corvids are the most satisfying to shoot for us out witting the wittiest bird in the sky

Ditto to that Bugg :good:

• Like 1