Whippets?

only whippet I had & I bought it for my younger cousin as a 1st dog £90 he was proper sort he was in all fairness but my cousin lost interest in him by time he was 9 months old so I gave him away & he ended up a cracking little rabbiting dog keen as mustard but broke his neck doing his job when he was about 5-6yr old..like you said rob people breeding for £££ instead of working ability..have you thought about a beddywhippet Rob? ? atb cbx

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Snap lol ..great to watch though ?  

I nearly bought a whippet about four years ago, but the fella was nuts, not that I'm that bothered about pedigree papers, but he didn't want to release them until the bitch was spayed. These lines are

Not seen many real good working Whippets over the years but one Mike Brown bred dog certainly did open my eyes,seen the dog give a hundred yards law and still real one in after a two minute plus race,

Posted Images

I have had lurchers for over 30 years and live in an area where whippets are very popular, I have a whippet just on 12 months, I didnt want any more lurchers, as I am easing up on the rabbiting, I just wanted a little dog to mooch about locally and get me out, we have whippet racing twice a week and shows if you want to show, non pedigree whippets go for around £150 with KC about £200-£300, to me thats not bad for the fun you get. My pup has had 3/4 rabbits and is learning to hunt and ratch cover off my old lurcher bitch but many here are used to lamp and ferret. That said some will ask £500 for KC and they struggle to sell here.

only whippet I had & I bought it for my younger cousin as a 1st dog £90 he was proper sort he was in all fairness but my cousin lost interest in him by time he was 9 months old so I gave him away & he ended up a cracking little rabbiting dog keen as mustard but broke his neck doing his job when he was about 5-6yr old..like you said rob people breeding for £££ instead of working ability..have you thought about a beddywhippet Rob? ? atb cbx

i have thought of beddy/whip and although iv knocked them plenty times in the past for being yappers but have to say it was all done tongue in cheek,iv seen 3 working the lamp and all 3 were shite but i put that down purely to their owners, obviously plenty lads out there got decent stuff that id not hesitate to own maybe the way forward for me im fecked off running bigger types and putting up with the continuous injuries they get running the land round here,just want a little rabbiting dog to work along side the bushers and do bit ferreting with then id be happy cheers

I have had lurchers for over 30 years and live in an area where whippets are very popular, I have a whippet just on 12 months, I didnt want any more lurchers, as I am easing up on the rabbiting, I just wanted a little dog to mooch about locally and get me out, we have whippet racing twice a week and shows if you want to show, non pedigree whippets go for around £150 with KC about £200-£300, to me thats not bad for the fun you get. My pup has had 3/4 rabbits and is learning to hunt and ratch cover off my old lurcher bitch but many here are used to lamp and ferret. That said some will ask £500 for KC and they struggle to sell here.

if id seen any for around £150 id have one a while ago,im definately on my last lurcher as such just want little rabbit dog nothing more cant be arsed with all the hastle anymore

I think there cracking little dogs , everyone I see around here is related to sooty Sam and has the " blue gene " massive money , I agree if I wanted something money wouldn't stop me but I don't trust half these breeding them if I'm honest . shame really

my mate had a cracking beddywhippet Rob only about 20tts she used to catch double figures regular on lamp she used to open my eyes everytime her desire to catch was second to none for such a small bitch she would go thru brick wall for a bunny lol she was a pleasure to watch for her size & wasn't scared to get stuck into teeth either & sadly died a few months ago at 13yrs of age she will be sadly missed by me & my mate atb cbx

• Like 1

my mate had a cracking beddywhippet Rob only about 20tts she used to catch double figures regular on lamp she used to open my eyes everytime her desire to catch was second to none for such a small bitch she would go thru brick wall for a bunny lol she was a pleasure to watch for her size & wasn't scared to get stuck into teeth either & sadly died a few months ago at 13yrs of age she will be sadly missed by me & my mate atb cbx

im defo thinking its the way to go for me im losing interest in any thing other than rabbits now days,wouldnt need to run half the land i do if only wanting couple bunnies for the freezer,but then id be asking what mix beddy/whip do i need as i know nothing about them lol

Not seen many real good working Whippets over the years but one Mike Brown bred dog certainly did open my eyes,seen the dog give a hundred yards law and still real one in after a two minute plus race,game as a pebble too..great wee dog ?

• Like 2