Whippets?

why the high price tag?more than a few times this last couple years i really been thinking of getting one,plenty paddocks round here hold loads bunnies and i also got permission for couple golf courses,bushers pushing rabbits out that only have a quick burst to hit the next cover reckon id be on a winner but honestly say i cant see the money in them.

lurcher pups out good stuff regularly going between £150/£250 so why they so pricey dont think i ever seen one for less than £300 notes blue or not lol

• Like 1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Snap lol ..great to watch though ?  

I nearly bought a whippet about four years ago, but the fella was nuts, not that I'm that bothered about pedigree papers, but he didn't want to release them until the bitch was spayed. These lines are

Not seen many real good working Whippets over the years but one Mike Brown bred dog certainly did open my eyes,seen the dog give a hundred yards law and still real one in after a two minute plus race,

Posted Images

Seen litters advertised locally exceeding half a grand a pup and they sell they are VERY popular around these parts,personally I can't see the attraction of one especially at that price but people obviously can see something in a Whippet that I can't lol..each to their own and all that I guess ?

Seen litters advertised locally exceeding half a grand a pup and they sell they are VERY popular around these parts,personally I can't see the attraction of one especially at that price but people obviously can see something in a Whippet that I can't lol..each to their own and all that I guess

im just after a pup from couple decent workers for reasonable money wouldnt have thought that be to hard would you,if they sell for the kinda money your talking perhaps i just dont deserve to own and work one.

TBH i don't think 300 is a bad price..... i paid 350 6 years ago.......

its probably not a bad price for what they regularly go for but got say its hundred notes to steep for me,i aint here banging your sale mate im just saying generaly they seem over priced to me thats all cheers

I always fancied a whippet but didn't really have the time when in the armed forces to work a runner so I waited it out until I left a few years back. Despite always wanting one in the end I couldn't justify paying out a lot of money or infact even the same money when I knew deep down I could probably source a more capable lurcher with plenty of whippet blood in it. I ended up paying next to nothing for a lurcher pup with mainly whippet in it and a touch of collie and grew, I am happy with my choice he has ended up 22tts so no bigger than some of the eligididly ped whippets you see nowadays. I suppose it's up to the individual what you want but having done some research I have to say there does seem to be a lot of people working whippets out there but they are happy to charge a fair whack for their pups and a working home isn't top of there priorities for the pups they breed jmo cheers

• Like 2

I always fancied a whippet but didn't really have the time when in the armed forces to work a runner so I waited it out until I left a few years back. Despite always wanting one in the end I couldn't justify paying out a lot of money or infact even the same money when I knew deep down I could probably source a more capable lurcher with plenty of whippet blood in it. I ended up paying next to nothing for a lurcher pup with mainly whippet in it and a touch of collie and grew, I am happy with my choice he has ended up 22tts so no bigger than some of the eligididly ped whippets you see nowadays. I suppose it's up to the individual what you want but having done some research I have to say there does seem to be a lot of people working whippets out there but they are happy to charge a fair whack for their pups and a working home isn't top of there priorities for the pups they breed jmo cheers

well you certainly put that better than i did :thumbs:

I think its every ones preference.......if i wanted one...price wouldn't put me off although i wouldn't pay stupid money....when i bought my dog 6 years back he was exactly what i wanted so i was happy to pay the money for him....rather than settle for something i wouldn't be 100% happy with ,just to save a few quid.....

I can never understand people complaining about what a dogs price tag is without mentioning its background. There is no doubt that there are a lot of shisters out there peddling whippets for money and fame. A lot have a prefix and a website and shed loads of bullshit. Put that lot to one side and do your research mate. Find some good blood that has good stuff going back and then just get your hand in your pocket and pay whatever it costs. A whippet is a serious dog that is capable of astounding feats for its size and could go on to breed you a line lasting generations. All Im saying is dont let cost blind the real issue. You could try getting in touch with a non ped whippet racing club,those lads are into there dogs for good reasons and not for money.

• Like 2

I nearly bought a whippet about four years ago, but the fella was nuts, not that I'm that bothered about pedigree papers, but he didn't want to release them until the bitch was spayed. These lines are so close to sooty Sam he said and didn't want anyone else breeding from them......crazy dick. F£?king sootysam......a legend that nobody has seen work.

Money grabbing whippet breeding nobs everywhere especially on whippet forum. Seen some decent priced working ones before around Barnsley with no papers....these are the ones I'd go for, then again I'd like a dash of greyhound and something else in it.

• Like 4