Was looking to get 4x4 but they are like hens teeth to get a good one at moment .now my mates dad who owns a paper shop has offered me a old astra van ,think it a 54 plate has the 1.7 cdti engine has only been used on cash and carry run once a week from new , and just reached 60 thousand miles and looks like new so any lads use them and tell me if the are reliable lumps ?

same as any other piece of metal on the road now, you get good ones and bad ones, if you find one that's half decent service the bloody thing, if you can do it yourself halve the manufacturers interval, I do mine every 5k for oil and filter, fuel filter every 10k and air every 20k, belts at 40k, electrical faults are just down to sods law but NEVER pressure wash under the bonnet, coolant depends on what type its filled with, don`t think of it as antifreeze, anti corrosion and lubrication is more important in the cooling system, brakes and tyres are just down to common sense but again if your doing it your self clean out the drums every 12 months and strip the fronts and clean off the rust and crud at 6 month intervals, have fun

Had one as a company van, did over 250,000 and that was on a 08 plate, went wrong last year with glow plug problem, they had it fixed , got me a new van, otherwise no real problems at all except a new battery. Nice van to drive.