Deutscher Jagd Terrier From Spain :)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

a pal of mine here works datchounds he's the manager of the hunting club I been on a few boar drives with him his little dog is a cracker must be 8 years old all day we was flushing boar from cover to

Last Saturday, only with dachsund  

I hope these pictures will not offend anyone  

Shovel>> no, they are medium sized dogs, mine is just under 80lbs. I think the females are 60-70lbs. If you want a very similar dog to go underground, get the jagdterrier. I have heard the jags will retrieve smaller game as well. I would love to run a jagd terrier with my DD, no prey would be safe!

Don't know of any working Jagd terriers near me so I'll have to make do with the blacks lol

Aitor, 80 foxes 20 boar,Sun,beer and a siesta after lunch now that sounds like a hunters dream ☺

Would be interesting if you had the blacks to compare to the black and tan , not me been boy est but i bet if you introduced the blacks their so versatile , any game to them is a goal. And would be an eye opener for hunting in all aspects of terrier work. My strong opinion on blacks.

• Like 2

I would like to see a good Patt working dogs should be very good , but I have not had the opportunity .

Now I 've met a hunter near where I live that has SCHAWBS dogs , a German breeder. And soon I'll see the Patt work .

On the other hand I have seen the price at which they sell some Jagd Terrier in the UK and I can only laugh . 500 sterling ???? OMG ...... if you know someone in Spain to travel soon to the United Kingdom you have jagd half price JAJAJAJAJA . I can not believe it.

• Like 1

I would like to see a good Patt working dogs should be very good , but I have not had the opportunity .

Now I 've met a hunter near where I live that has SCHAWBS dogs , a German breeder. And soon I'll see the Patt work .

On the other hand I have seen the price at which they sell some Jagd Terrier in the UK and I can only laugh . 500 sterling ???? OMG ...... if you know someone in Spain to travel soon to the United Kingdom you have jagd half price JAJAJAJAJA . I can not believe it.

Just wondering mate where did the German breeder get his patts from because if they aren't up to standard you could get the wrong idea and think they are all the same just like over here we see a few foreign breeds sold as workers and they are just imported show stuff
  • Like 1

I know I see the "jagdterriers" of UK and are Show dogs. And not tested. A jagd terrier tested without scars, and with all theeth? :blink: :blink: :blink::tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2: it isn't a good jagd terrier. Dogs of 40 cm and large chest, aren't good working dogs for burrow. More and more shit in the jagdterrier, one must know where to look.

• Like 1

Working dog X working dog= (You know the result)

Show dog X show dog=???????

IRVIN. 29 digs.in one season and half (All registered, if you don't believe, we have photos of everyone)This season maybe will be his last season, he has no teeth to keep working
we cross him to DANA
A retired bitch of 4 years, she hasn't got any theeth,
So we have obtained our future promises (9 puppies , I think not for sale , all for workinghomes)
We think it is the only way to get good dogs to work , we think untested dogs can not produce good working dogs
Edited by Aitor
  • Like 2

Working dog X working dog= (You know the result)

Show dog X show dog=???????

5352c098cca91b0bb454175c30e03bf3o.jpg
IRVIN. 29 digs.in one season and half (All registered, if you don't believe, we have photos of everyone)This season maybe will be his last season, he has no teeth to keep working
we cross him to DANA

b5e4ec4cd49dd2a0c03788593dec7a22o.jpg
A retired bitch of 4 years, she hasn't got any theeth,
So we have obtained our future promises (9 puppies , I think not for sale , all for workinghomes)
We think it is the only way to get good dogs to work , we think untested dogs can not produce good working dogs

you seem to get your sport, good luck

• Like 1

Nice jagds. You are right, there is alot of showing in the breed. It has become very hard to find good ones. Most are being worked above ground or trialed in tunnels for five minute bouts. It is all silly. The real work separates the wheat from the chaff.

• Like 2

Nice jagds. You are right, there is alot of showing in the breed. It has become very hard to find good ones. Most are being worked above ground or trialed in tunnels for five minute bouts. It is all silly. The real work separates the wheat from the chaff.

So your saying five or six minutes trialing in a tunnel isn't real work mmmmmm interesting and I totally agree

• Like 1

Yes, you know.It's difficult to find a good jagd terrier for burrow.There are a lot of false working breeders, dogs of 41 cm and incredible large chest, its very very difficult, for that, we were looking for a long time goods jagd terrier, and now we got them. Here I post a photo of a puppy son of IRVIN x DANA , he is in the right hands of a goood friend of us.(Joaquin)Joaquin works wildboar and fox in suface and fox in stone's burrow.