Hard Mouth On A Dog.

I don't have a running dog now, haven't since the ban but all of mine at the time were bred from a greyhound I owned. All retrieved rabbit live to hand but we were not running big numbers and one of the ones I bred went to someone who was. She would retrieve until she got tired when she would give a little nip before retrieving.

The greyhound sire retrieved everything live, hares and teeth which in the dark , often where we weren't supposed to be made some interesting situations...

The joys of youth.

• Like 3

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive had nice soft mouthed retrievers, in the past. Now I’ve the worm has turned lol. I enjoy the dog working and the meats a by-product for me these days. To compare to stock worrying is a bit ove

My dogs will do everything and retrieve rabbits live to hand ... I have to have dogs that retrieve live to hand as when you are working in people's gardens and in public areas the majority of people w

I tried the old walk away from mine on lamp after about two fields and a bit of cat and mouse. I stop he stops type thing he came with in a couple of yards. Tried a second time again walked nearly bac

Posted Images

My old bitch was live to hand every time till she started catching hares then she would crunch 90% of time, younger bitch soft as anything, not a mark on rabbits although anything else shot and tracked your as well counting that leg for dog food,

My old bitch was live to hand every time till she started catching hares then she would crunch 90% of time, younger bitch soft as anything, not a mark on rabbits although anything else shot and tracked your as well counting that leg for dog food,

Seen that a few times Ross... ;)

But hey it stops em and it still fills a freezer! :laugh:

Edited to say.... Damn you mods can't get no likes!!! :laugh:

But hey it stops em and it still fills a freezer! :laugh:

Damn right..! Ha!!! ;)

Is that not the sire of KPS pups?

Yep that's Todd the sire, both parents of the pups are soft mouthed dogs.

Have they all gone now mate ?? I've a fawn bitch and very collie looking black and white dog spare! yeah all pups have turned out well.

Cracking litter..

You can if you want giro :laugh:

The one problem with retrieving lurchers, is that sometimes they bring you shit you don't want. . . . or bring you things you do, in front of people who get a bit upset :laugh:

Hows your bitch retrieving now ? Did you sort all the issues out

At the moment she is injured, and will be out of the game for a while. . . . .so we shall see.

She has not had much chance to go at many rabbit since last season, only been used for tracking / flushing etc. . . . . so a little difficult to tell. She has turned out an excellent bitch on that front, so either way she has a place here.

Had one night out this season before she got injured, and just local, but she did retrieve everything she caught. . . . it was just me and her.

Fingers crossed she keeps that up when she goes back to work in the new year.

You can if you want giro :laugh:

The one problem with retrieving lurchers, is that sometimes they bring you shit you don't want. . . . or bring you things you do, in front of people who get a bit upset :laugh:

Hows your bitch retrieving now ? Did you sort all the issues out

At the moment she is injured, and will be out of the game for a while. . . . .so we shall see.

She has not had much chance to go at many rabbit since last season, only been used for tracking / flushing etc. . . . . so a little difficult to tell. She has turned out an excellent bitch on that front, so either way she has a place here.

Had one night out this season before she got injured, and just local, but she did retrieve everything she caught. . . . it was just me and her.

Fingers crossed she keeps that up when she goes back to work in the new year.

How is the injury looking , joys of woods. Ive been lucky and my sal x's have only come out with skin tears at the worste but mine brought up being in woods every day. so she might of turned a corner with retrieve. Bet your over moon with that. To me a dog that cant retrieve isnt much worth having around if you hunt the humble rabbit.
  • Like 1